• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Parliament Meeting Minutes

With the majority of questions asked relating to on field performance why wasn't someone responsible for that at the meeting, namely a coach?

With the majority of questions asked relating to on field performance why wasn't someone responsible for that at the meeting, namely a coach?

Because the meetings are not meant to be there to discuss on the pitch matters. The whole idea was to get the members of the Parliament to share concerns/questions/ideas to the club on things like tickets, promotions, finance, issues at the ground etc. Every now and again they will get the manager to attend and then encourage the members to ask footballing questions. However, the majority of those that go don;t actually use it to do what it is intended for and spend their time asking questions that simply cannot be answered. I mean, who thought Jez would be able to answer why does Afobe play deep at times. Just a waste of everyones time really.

Because the meetings are not meant to be there to discuss on the pitch matters. The whole idea was to get the members of the Parliament to share concerns/questions/ideas to the club on things like tickets, promotions, finance, issues at the ground etc. Every now and again they will get the manager to attend and then encourage the members to ask footballing questions. However, the majority of those that go don;t actually use it to do what it is intended for and spend their time asking questions that simply cannot be answered. I mean, who thought Jez would be able to answer why does Afobe play deep at times. Just a waste of everyones time really.

So scrap the fans parliament and have questions and answers meetings with Kenny Jackett and staff so the truth about Wolves is given direct rather than re edited by the media.

So scrap the fans parliament and have questions and answers meetings with Kenny Jackett and staff so the truth about Wolves is given direct rather than re edited by the media.

lol

Did you miss the part that Jackett frequently "lies" to us/the press? If this was to go ahead, what's stopping Jackett from reverting to type?

Jackett attends the Meetings, when he can. It wasn't that long ago KJ was doing a Q&A.

I agree the Parliament should go but I think the club are afraid to do it because they will get a load more shit about pushing the fans away.

Why should Jackett, or any manager, have to try and justify his decisions to the supporters? What would you gain from it anyway? Even if he changed his mind based on supporters complaints people would just end up calling him weak willed or clueless.

It's a waste of time.

Better the fans voice their concerns to the higher ups and if they feel the fans concerns of worthy of action then they can pursue a change of playing style.

The other thing is the repetition of subject matter. The amount of times that the club has been asked to clarify their stance on safe standing is frankly ridiculous. If it comes up again Jez should just refer the questioner to the published minutes and move on.

As I have said elsewhere I strongly disagree with the stance that no comment can be made on parliament proceedings until the official minutes are published. The parliament is struggling with credibility among the fanbase as it is seen as a bunch of stooges and that policy only reinforces the point. Hence you get all the "why isn't there a stream" comments.

Always thought the club have been fairly transparent and will communicate the strategy quite effectively. As such I'm not particularly Anti-Morgan or think Moxey is the devil incarnate. Unfortunately if those assigned to carry out this plan aren't up to it no amount of Parliaments is ever going to change anything. It becomes a backlash and useful presentations like the one this week get seen as a technique used by Moxey to deflect attention. They're better putting this stuff on the YouTube channel it's far more engaging for the support in general.

Just wasted a few minutes of my life reading through of what is mostly dross.

Did someone really ask this?

'To a question from Anita Midha about whether there were any plans to refurbish the Steve Bull Stand'

Just wasted a few minutes of my life reading through of what is mostly dross.

Did someone really ask this?

'To a question from Anita Midha about whether there were any plans to refurbish the Steve Bull Stand'

my guess is that anita midha did ;)

She just really wasted a minute there. Pointless question in the extreme.

That question was Paxmanesque compared to Golbourne's under armour

Can you see why I took the view there was no longer value in attending? It is a couple of free pints and that is about the best bit. Constant re-visit of old material. Interspersed with inane stuff.

Yes, I like the concept of the Fans Parliament, but fans are now coming with agendas which derail the event. The Mol Mix rep does a very good job in terms of representing his members, but it's line of constant criticism is tedious, not that I don't agree with a decent amount of it, but it's just very easy to bat away. Add the nutjobs into the equation and it's just a bit meh

Dudleywolf is the current MM rep I think. Met him at the parliament and he is a very decent bloke. And he is trying to do the absolute best by his constituents by asking for the questions they want to have asked and fair play to him. Whatever we or others think about the questions that MM ask to be put in front of the parliament, he does a good job as a rep for them.

Can you see why I took the view there was no longer value in attending? It is a couple of free pints and that is about the best bit. Constant re-visit of old material. Interspersed with inane stuff.

Yes, certainly can and don't blame you one bit.

Back