• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Are you sure because it's available to pre order from GAME and amazon?

The game will need to be activated on Steam during the install with the disc copies.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/274801-A-Message-On-Football-Manager-2012-Activation

Any version of Football Manager 2012 bought on disc will have to be activated through the Steam network, so therefore purchasers will have to have an internet connection for initial activation. This is a one-time only activation which requires you to sign up for a Steam account (which is free) and to install the Steam client and once it has been done the game can be played offline by turning on Steam's Offline mode.

Thanks for that, well that means i probably won't be getting it this year, sure they will lose gamers by doing this.

Steam is a pain in the arse. This will be the firs time I haven't bought CM/FM for over 12 years.

A few months ago I started a new FM2011 game with Wolves and have been playing on and off. I'm still in my first season and currently have 44 points from 24 games. If only!

Sack Mick and get Carrotdude in now....

Thats a bummer, i've been rocking less than legal copies of FM for the last couple years, now its not going to be an option.

Might just plow on with FM2011.

I assume that if you have a Steam account then a naughty downloaded version will activate through it just fine.

You have to put a serial number into Steam from what i remember with the last two years, just meant having to skip the registration and not get any updates.

I went against my better judgement and installed Steam last night to get the demo. It was a twat to connect to and replace my forgotten password from last time. I'm not sure whether I will buy the game or not, it all depends on whether I can uninstall Steam after activation or not. I don't want that shit clogging up my system.

On a side note, the Wolves squad looks shit.

PTG is better than Footie Manager these days!

I've downloaded the last 4 games naughtily; I'm guessing that won't be an option now?

I went against my better judgement and installed Steam last night to get the demo. It was a $#@! to connect to and replace my forgotten password from last time. I'm not sure whether I will buy the game or not, it all depends on whether I can uninstall Steam after activation or not. I don't want that $#@! clogging up my system.

On a side note, the Wolves squad looks $#@!.

Steam actually doesn't use up that much on your computer, it just sits there so to speak.

I can't buy a win with them atm, it's really annoying, I'm not even playing well.

EDIT: Scrap that, just won my first game of the season, 8 games in to the season, Wolves come against the might Manchester City, at the Etihad Stadium, but a brave performance sees the underdogs walk away with all 3 points!

Last edited:
What I don't want is Steam taking up memory at startup, and I don't want it running in the background either. Before I buy it I want to know if I can activate it through Steam and then remove the program.

What I don't want is Steam taking up memory at startup, and I don't want it running in the background either. Before I buy it I want to know if I can activate it through Steam and then remove the program.

Someone quoted something earlier saying you had to activate it in Steam then you could run steam in 'offline mode' and still play the game, i dont really see how that would be any different to not having Steam at all?

Steam's still running. I don't want it to.

Steam's still running. I don't want it to.

You misunderstand me, if it doesn't require Steam to be online after the installation then i cant see what else Steam can provide seen as its just a cloud. So not having Steam at all after installation shouldn't really be any different to having Steam running offline, thus i'd say you can probably get away with installing the game, installing Steam to register it, then uninstall Steam and play as much as you like.

Steam does not take a lot on your pc, just go into steam settings and turn cloud sync off.
I have steam for black ops,
As for FM2011, I JUST downloaded a cracked version with cd key and away I go...
In year 2017 with colchester(sacked with wolves early on and started with lower teams) also combined management with Wales national team.

Back