• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Fuck it, I've had enough. Replayed the Anderlecht game and drew 2-2. Dos Santos picked up an injury and will be out for three weeks, my right back picked up an injury and will be out for two weeks. Move forward a couple of days preparing for the Bolton game and O'Hara tears a hamstring during training and will be out for three months. This is absolutely fucking stupid, I'm going back to 2011. It's a shame I downloaded this instead of buying the hard copy otherwise I'd be mailing it back to SI with a request for my money back. They've completely destroyed the game and I honestly think I've wasted my fucking money.

Fuck it, I've had enough. Replayed the Anderlecht game and drew 2-2. Dos Santos picked up an injury and will be out for three weeks, my right back picked up an injury and will be out for two weeks. Move forward a couple of days preparing for the Bolton game and O'Hara tears a hamstring during training and will be out for three months. This is absolutely fucking stupid, I'm going back to 2011. It's a shame I downloaded this instead of buying the hard copy otherwise I'd be mailing it back to SI with a request for my money back. They've completely destroyed the game and I honestly think I've wasted my fucking money.

I've had nothing like those sort of problems, Wilfried seems to be made out of balsa wood but everyone else is pretty much fine, maybe your custom training schedules are working the players too hard?

What's your training like? I've never had anything like this, except like Mark said, Wlfired is a permacrock.

What's your training like? I've never had anything like this, except like Mark said, Wlfired is a permacrock.

He got injured again in my very next managed, conceded yet another injury time goal, this time for Norwich to equalise, i was sacked with Wolves lying 14th in the league. I've been dogshit since the first 4 games, none of my players could score with any sort of regularity.

I'm having a poor season in comparison , I had 15 wins and 2 draws from the first 17 games! I've already lost 4 this season and am 10 points of the top. We've qualified for the knockout of the CL though, but just lost Illcic for 3 months who's my only real cover for O'Hara.

I've found it very difficult to find any players that are much, if any, better that are willing to come to me, i've sent my scouts all over the place but their reports are largely filled with players that will never be any good to me, i've really struggled to get into FM this season, more so than with any other years, teamtalk's always seem to fall of deaf ears for me too.

I signed Wilfired permanetly and took Coquelin and Danny Wilson on loan for the year. Finished 7th pretty comfortably, then signed some higher quality players.

When i used the player search i was getting very few results so i signed a load of scouts and sent them all over the place to improve my knowledge but whenever i scout anyone that i'd have a chance of signing they're almost always no better than what i've already got.

Was going to give up on the game after being sacked seen as it never really struck a chord with me this year but with Sunday's being so boring i've ended up putting it back on, looks like i might end up at Yeovil.

My local club! Have fun there, no money whatsoever.

Just won 3-2 at Old Trafford, crucial victory keeps me just about in touch with the top four.

My local club! Have fun there, no money whatsoever.

Just won 3-2 at Old Trafford, crucial victory keeps me just about in touch with the top four.

I have a transfer budget of £4400, happy days.

And then lose 2-0 at Molineux to Villa. Our inconsistency is really pissing me off. 20 points down on last season's total at the same point of the season.

I badly need a left back, Ward is decent cover and Digne is getting caught out in every game.

Sign Jack Robinson from Pool, his stats aren't that impressive, but he becomes immense and even playing in his current state he averages 7.2 ish for the season.

Have a look at Ivan Obradovic for left back. I signed in the first season and he's been fantastic. Quite a few MoM performances and an average rating of over 7. He's fairly young too. 24 I think.

He's decent, but he's already on 28k a week and is not much better than Ward or Digne.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma now, I've been looking to sign young, preferably British, or British based players but everybody around me is going out and spending vast amounts and blowing me out of the water. I really need to qualify for the CL again this season in order to get some more quality in as right now, significant improvements on my players are going to cost a fortune, and top transfer listed players have little interest in joining me.

We've scored in the 90th minute in our last 4 league games, salvaging draws in three of them and a 1-0 win against Wigan when we battered them but couldn't finish. December is a gruelling month fixture wise, my players are all shagged!

I actually had a large victory within a large victory today. It stems back to last season with Richard Stearman, he was getting no games at the back due to me having better options at right back and centre back. He became unhappy and wanted to move so I transfer listed him at his request, it was a shame because stats-wise he was actually OK so I decided to retrain him as a central midfielder. I'd completely forgotten about doing it until he showed up in my midfield section...

Just after noticing Stears was now a competent midfielder we had Barcelona at home in the CL. Three of my midfielders were out injured so I had to throw Stears into JOH's role as I was down to the bare bones. We'd beaten Barca 2-1 at the Nou Camp and I was expecting a complete drubbing at home as they needed to win to stay in contention for qualifying and we were fielding a much weakened side. But going into the game Mascherano got sent off after 10 minutes for going through the back of Stears and Barca just collapsed. We dicked them 4-0 with Stears scoring two screamers and almost grabbing man of the match. He's played in midfield for the next three games and has done pretty well, and while he doesn't have the creative flair JOH has, he certainly can do a great job in midfield.

I've got Zele looking pretty decent on this save, I've never managed to develop him at all previously but he's now better than Kights stat wise, and is about to go out on loan to top of the Championship Leicester for the season. If he does well, I'll look to move Kites on (easier said than done), and he'll become my part of my first team squad. He's just scored a cracker in the FA Cup 3rd round, with an assist from Malone.

Edit: He's just scored another absolute pearler, cuts in from the left and from the corner of the D, bends it in the far corner.

Last edited:
I've never been able to do anything with Zele and he's gash on my save.

Fuck me, in the last 17 games I've had to make at least one enforced substituion. Seventeen games! Madness! I can't put it down to my training schedules as the new ones I added were just designed for more intricate training in different positions (full backs different to centre backs, centrall attacking midfielders different to wide attacking midfielders etc), and the fact that each player is picking up knocks in-game backs that up. I'm normally having to make a sub in the first fifteen minutes of a game now, utterly fucking ridiculous.

Have you reported it as a bug to SI or looked into other people having similar issues? Maybe try putting everyone back on the old training regimes anyway just to see if it makes a difference as it doesn't seem like anyone else on here is having the same problem. Played my first game after being away for a few days and beat Stoke 3-0 at home to slightly ease the pain from Saturday!

I'm looking for Ov Collier's email address through SI, he's the one to bring it up to. I used to have it but fuck knows what I did with it. I'll email him my saved game so he can see exactly what's happening.

Back