• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Erick Torres absolute beast played in the right way. The tactic im using plays him to perfection

Which is? I found he seems to play better as a Deep Lying Forward rather than a AM.

Ill post a tactic screen shot when i get home from work. The tactic is really good, Can use it for any team and pretty much dominate the games you play

4 games left, 2 points away from an automatic promotion place, could Solihull be in line for 3 back to back promotions?

It'll have to wait i have work. :(

I'm in the play-offs but injuries look like they're going to ruin any chance i have of getting through them, both full-backs missing, left winger out, first choice replacement for him also missing and one of my first choice central midfielders out.

GET THE FUCK IN!!

Battled my way past Hereford in the semi's, winning 3-2 on aggregate, came up against Plymouth in the final, with a few injured souls back for the occassion, took a 2-0 lead within the first 10 minutes and tried to shut the game down, predictably failed as i'd struggled to do so all season long. Then i burst into life again in injury time, taking a 2 goal lead quickly then with time running out trusty old Liam McAlinden, on as a sub, stuck in a 5th just to rub salt into the wounds.

3 promotions in a row! Just like last year i was predicted to finish bottom and operated on the lowest wage budget in the league, even sold pretty much my best player along the way, hoping for a slightly better cash cow in League 1.

Nice one mate! It doesn't get any easier I'm afraid - you'll find the top clubs in the Championship are paying £500k a week - I'm only spending just over that in the PL!

On that, with 8 games to go - Citeh are screaming ahead, but we're going great guns, at the bottom of a four team cluster separated by three points. God hope I get Champions League - that money will transform us, and hopefully we'll be able to move into a bigger stadium. Currently paying £580k per week out, and am the league's top scorers. We're where we are through being flat track bullies - barely took a point against the big four, but hammering the shit. Been very lucky with injuries - been able to use a core 14-15 really, which has obviously helped a lot.

Nice one mate! It doesn't get any easier I'm afraid - you'll find the top clubs in the Championship are paying £500k a week - I'm only spending just over that in the PL!

On that, with 8 games to go - Citeh are screaming ahead, but we're going great guns, at the bottom of a four team cluster separated by three points. God hope I get Champions League - that money will transform us, and hopefully we'll be able to move into a bigger stadium. Currently paying £580k per week out, and am the league's top scorers. We're where we are through being flat track bullies - barely took a point against the big four, but hammering the shit. Been very lucky with injuries - been able to use a core 14-15 really, which has obviously helped a lot.

I'm not even spending that a year! My wages were at £7.2k per week last season, my preliminary budget so far has been set at £22k per week but i'll be able to increase that a little when i tell them i dont want that hefty £50k transfer budget.

I've climbed the leagues quicker than i did with Telford on last years game, so far anyway, and Solihull are a poorer side but i did end up getting Telford into Europe eventually i think so i'm determined to see it through, might actually have the chance to sign someone i've heard of this summer.

Sorry, thought you'd just been promoted to the Championship, ignore all those figures!

Despite a horrendous end to the season, with only 4 points from the last 4 games, Worcester City will host Champion’s League football next season, after finishing in fourth place, one point ahead of Arsenal languishing in fifth. The top three separated themselves from 4th and 5th, all finishing on 82+ points.

A remarkable season got off to a great start, with us not conceding a goal until the fifth game, and handing out 6-0 spankings to both Everton and Chelsea. Such a dream start would obviously be difficult to match, but City continued to dominate the poorer sides despite their struggles against Utd, Citeh and Arsenal, meaning that we were frequently racking up defeatless streaks of 6+ games.

A season that also gave us our first ever England international (unless you count David Bentley who gave us a decent year of service in his twighlight,) as a remarkable saw a weirdly named plucked from Arsenal’s reserves at 21 line up for his country, a proud day for manager and player alike.

Disappointing cup runs won’t take the sheen off a remarkable achievement, and an added bonus is that I’ve got about £100k/week of unsaleable shite out of contract this summer. Well, the annoying thing is, it’s not unsaleable – it’s exactly the kind of player that I’d buy in the Championship or as a first season PL club, but I’ve literally been unable to give them away.

The game’s becoming much more enjoyable now that I’m keeping players for more than 2 summers – striker Muhammet Hasaniglou has been with us for 4 seasons now, scoring about 80 league goals, we’ve got a couple of midfielders with 150+ appearances now too – and these players are all still only 23.

We’ll have wages free to spend in the summer, as we’re only spending £580k of a £700k budget, losing £100k in crap, already have at least two years on every contract, and we’ll surely get some decent wedge for Champions League qualification.

The problem is attracting players is still ridiculously difficult – though CL may change that. In January, there wasn’t a player worth more than £5m interested in joining us, and we were second! It’s been a club built on cast offs from big clubs, and young guns from smaller leagues – great fun though.

Given our record against the bigger clubs, I can’t see us doing the Champion’s League too much damage, but hopefully we can just get to the group stage for the money.

When I was struggling to get out of League One, I really thought I'd not be able to get WOrcester to Champion's League victory, but now that I'm stable in the Premier League I feel it's only a matter of time, because this is my comfort zone - taking small clubs and surviving, finishing mid table, finishing top half, finishing in Europe, then winning major titles. I've done it in previous games with Wolves, Leeds, MK Dons , Sheffield Wednesday, and famously, with Rotherham United.

I am Del Woppio, it is what I do.

Haha top stuff Del!

After my mini blip, we've come on strong again and we've just entered January on the back of four very comfortable wins.

In addition, I've decided to have a January clearout. Chelsea came in with a 30m bid for Deulofeu who was behind Zeli in the pecking order and having become pretty injury prone. Then, they came back with a 35m bid for Smalling, who has turned 30 and was beginning to drop in quality. An unbelievable bid which I couldn't turn down.

Sold on a couple of regens for 10m plus too, both were decent but were never going to displace my key men and I've got a fair few on the rise at the moment.

I've bought in Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Jonathon Greening as coaches at Solihull but at the moment there is little else happening, anyone thats better than i've already got isn't interested in coming and anyone i could tempt here would just be potential for the future, problem with that being that most my first teamers are still part time and now i've gone professional i'd be signing a loads of kids for the future but putting them on more money than my first team.

I have not had any problems in this game with players upset at how much new comers earn, not once. Just do it man! One of those young players can change history for you. I had a young lad for only one season before the board sold him behind my back, but that £1.3m helped us become the club we are today. So either they'll be brilliant and fire you to glory, or they'll be brilliant and make you loads of money. There is no way that buying young players is a strategy that can fail*

*unless they're crap, or don't develop. Or get injured. Or just don't perform to potential. Or *you're* shit. Nothing else though.

Seriously, youngsters is the only way you can drag a small club up. The longer you wait in the window, the more desperate free agents become, which helps.

Youngsters is all i've gone for so far, problem is there isn't a single one thats even on a par with what i currently have let alone better, they have the potential to be better but then the current first teamers are all young and have potential to grow too.

I could easily hoover up the most promising, stick them in the reserves and see how the improve, either end up with better players or some money spinning assets but i could wait it out and see if i can pick up any of the better players currently uninterested when they're getting more desperate as time goes by.

Now release all their players and resign then...right your wrong!

Now release all their players and resign then...right your wrong!

No i win the 1st 7 and then lose the next 10 by 4 or more goals

I have a midfield of essien, carrick, diaby, holden and reo coker.

4th season. I love a free transfer. I'll rebuild my reputation and sign for a big club.

Pretty narrow midfield that...

Things continue to go remarkably for Worcester City. Some very favourable draws in the Champions' League (l'OM and PSG) look give us a passage to the semi finals, assuming we don't blow a 3-0 first leg lead. And we're surprising even me in the Premier League - us,City and Arsenal within 3 points of eachother at the top. 31 games, 74 points, scoring 79 goals and conceding 28. Spurs in our first ever FA Cup semi final, but Wolves beat us on penalties in the 3rd round of the League Cup.

Back