• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Second season in the championship not going well... 7pts from 13, ugh... dead last.

edit -- 16pts from 21 games (_@ASIDOP@JO$ASDF(_#%

Last edited:
Lost the Champions League playoff match to Bayern Munich 3-2 on aggregate. In truth it should have been more, they completely outclassed my team.

In my other reality I've just won the league with Faversham Town, quite good fun right down at the bottom actually!

Last edited:
A plethora of class players have been made available in January 2018. Isco, Santon, Benzia (Lyon, never heard of him before), Mata, Griezmann, Ayew.

Tried for Santon as he'd have ended my search for a left back but he's gone to Real. Not sure whether to go for Isco when I have Oscar, but his stats are insane.

Hope they haven't updated all of our squad to realistic stats. Doyle balance: 1 etc. etc.

We're magnificent at the moment. Into February and we're 25 without defeat. Arsenal were on a roll before they came to Molineux in January and left with nothing. We've just played them at the Emirates and won 4-0. 13 points clear at the top with Anji in the last 16 of the Champions League. Into the Capital One Cup Final too.

First season in the Prem and with 5 games to go we're 9 points clear at the top of the table, but we've hit a rocky patch lately without a win in four and Arsenal away next. Fierro and Ademilson are absolutely lethal together, so glad I got hold of those two early on relatively cheaply as my strikeforce is sorted for a long time to come and it's down to their goals we're top of the league. We've won the Capital One too, an easy run to the final and Spurs capitulated against us completely and we were 3-0 up within 8 minutes.

We'll get saughtered in the Champions League next season though, the squad's nowhere near ready for it.

1-0 up against Arsenal within 6 minutes, Lennon cross for Fierro to poke home.

Just won the Capital One Cup against Spurs.

I've got Fierro along with Ademilson, but I took the risky decision to send him out to Roma for the rest of the season as Ade and a regen I have are better.

2-1 to us. Hugo Mallo played a woefully short backpass to Chesney and Fierro nipped in and poked it home. Edge of the seat stuff as we're starting to get back into the game.

2-2. Podolski with his second. Cunt.

3-2 down. Defence has completely fucked it up in the second half. Wankers.

Gearing up for my 3rd season in the championship, gave up on trying to use mediocre experienced players and went the youth route. May take me another 2-3 years but I can't afford to employ a bunch of already developed players, and the youth have much higher ceilings.

Pawned off a few crappy players to Wolves, fixed my budget problem, scouted players early enough to sign on pre-contracts... Things were going well in the summer until my only good keeper was bought for $5,000. Fuck. Why was that in his contract?? :facepalm:

Beat Anji 4-1 on aggregate so through to 1/4 finals. Managed to lose consecutive league two games either side of that though, with Burnley doing the double over us!

Currently 5-0 against the bindippers at HT in the FA Cup.

God I miss FM.

Went massively off it for a while but I need to get back into it. Once I've finished my uni work I'm going to have to give 2013 a go.

Anyone else have a problem with conceding a lot of late goals?

1024x576.resizedimage

Just had a look at mine, for the last 50 matches it was when I conceded the most goals, however in the last 15 matches i've only struggled in the 45-60 minute period.

Past seasons though late goals were a bitch!

Back