• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Hire ex players. Top coaches aren't going to want to be youth coaches. You're top coaches still work with the youngsters anyway.

Hire ex players. Top coaches aren't going to want to be youth coaches.

That's basically what I ended up doing-- hiring coaches who either weren't in jobs or were under 40.

You're top coaches still work with the youngsters anyway.

I don't think so? There's an entirely separate tab for youth coaching and the first team coaches don't affect those stats. Reserve, GK, and Fitness coaches yes, main coaches, no.

I don't think so? There's an entirely separate tab for youth coaching and the first team coaches don't affect those stats. Reserve, GK, and Fitness coaches yes, main coaches, no.

Nah they don't, as you said, your GK and Fitness Coaches do, but main coaches don't, what I tend to do is say I want a tactical u18's coach.

Find a normal tactical coach, then offer him the job in my u18's, but offer him max wages, usually if they're not on much, it'll work.

People have mentioned the problem of not being able to find coaches that want to work with the youngsters, that there's a staff role for every other one, but not youth.

Sorry T3ch, my mistake.

With my Wolves club fighting it out towards the top in every competition, it's obvious from the get go if a player is going to be good enough for us. We've had nothing come through the academy in five seasons but I've managed to bring in lots of quality youngsters from elsewhere. If they've got potential they'll be tutored and more than likely play in the reserves alongside better quality players. I don't pay any attention to players with less than a 2* potential rating as it's not worth it. 2* roughly equates to a good Championship player for me at the moment, so I could still make a bit of cash by selling him on.

Coaches can improve rapidly too, so I tend to search for the recently retired big names and have them coach my youths and see how they progress. Danielle Bonera is my reserve manager and his stats are incredible.

I do love how coaches can improve in the 2013 version. One of their better features by far.

What's the most you've paid for a youngster? There are two 14 or 15 y/o's with quite good stats and 5 star ratings I've been looking at. Far ahead of the other similarly rated players in the game. Would love to get my hands on them, but even bidding as high as $20m isn't doing the trick. Usually only spent that much on a highly rated 18/19 year old, debating if it's worth the pay off. I know down the line a big club will come sniffing around though and I'll probably be out of luck.

What's the most you've paid for a youngster? There are two 14 or 15 y/o's with quite good stats and 5 star ratings I've been looking at. Far ahead of the other similarly rated players in the game. Would love to get my hands on them, but even bidding as high as $20m isn't doing the trick. Usually only spent that much on a highly rated 18/19 year old, debating if it's worth the pay off. I know down the line a big club will come sniffing around though and I'll probably be out of luck.

I've signed one for £9m and one for £11m this summer in my game both about 16 so it's a bit of a punt but have excellent stats and great reccomendations. I never do it all in one go though, usually 2/3m up front and the rest dependant on league appearances for me or spread over 3/4 years or both. If a guy plays 50 league games for me after I sign him at 16 he must be good so I will be happy to pay more money at that point.

In fact I dealt exclusively in youngsters this pre-season, my team is so young overall a couple of reserves have stepped up and a couple of older (29) first teamers have been moved on for decent money, there really isn't much out there who I think could improve my team and anyone that possibly is would cost me well over £30m and be in their late 20's.

Oh Howard... :( There are so many goalie og's in FM.

Oh Howard... :( There are so many goalie og's in FM.

It was from Serrano's shot too, would have made his hattrick :(

Just for note the only two Wolves players left in my Starting 11 are Johnson and Henry, both vice captain and captain respectively. They are monsters! But being both 33 are close to retirement but I plan to keep them in the club as coaches as they are both looking towards that kind of job.

In my game, Wolves as we know it don't exist. Jarvis is head coach of some League 1 team! Kind of fun to see where everyone goes. Kinda sucks at the same time since I'm mostly playing with regens.

I thought this was kind of fun to look at... Was playing with the FM Scout tool and looked myself up to see if the game tracks user manager data for in game rankings. Turns out it does.

Attack/Defense seems easy enough to figure out, goals scored/allowed I would imagine? I get the "tinkerer" bit pretty often, so maxed tactical makes sense. Wonder how they do technical, mental, judging players... Curious that I only have a 5 determination; I'm normally pretty quick to tell my players they aren't performing well, etc. I do use "relax and enjoy yourselves" pretty often though, hmm... Discipline only at 10, and I yell at them every 2-3 months if they haven't progressed in training, warn/fine for all red cards, etc. I'd have thought that would be higher.

steve_griffey_rating.png

People are actually falling for it!

:icon_lol:

I've started a game with Rangers now.

Back