• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I'm starting to have a bit of trouble from one of my superstars. This Aussie regen I picked up miraculously for free from some Australian development side (I guess it's like the Glenn Hoddle Academy thing?) has grown into one of the best central midfielders in the world and is worth over £20m now. I had him when he was 19 on 10 grand a week or so, last season he wanted a better contract so moved onto 48k a week and a year later he now wants £100k a week to stay. I can afford it but I guess it might piss off some of my other players.

Offer him £80k and if he turns it down sell him.

Quite happy at this piece of business;

Brought a left wing back newgen for £8.5m, had him for a season, he'd done relatively well, but I have Asamoah, Grimaldi/Criscito who can play there too, season after, had an offer of £35.5m for him from Man Utd, all upfront, safe to say I helped him back his bags and drove him to Old Trafford myself.

Even with low adaptability scouts in '13 learn their new countries waaaay faster than before. Good to know, don't have to put as much emphasis on the stat when hiring. I'd been using a chief scout until the current season and hadn't noticed; set the assignments manually and they're way more effective than years past.

Take that Warnock you loudmouth gimp!!

e2ugu9em.jpg

:icon_lol:

That Yassine character is pretty boss in my game... 17+ dribbling, finishing, first touch, antic, comp, flair, off ball, acc, agi... Only 29. Is his a name I should know or just another one of those random FM studs?

He was a Lyon youngster. Cost me £4m but I considered that a good deal considering his stats. Only 18 in my game too.

u8amamyj.jpg

Finished another season the other day, won the league, league cup and Champions league and lost the FA Cup final in extra time. At the start of the new season I've won the Community Shield and Super Cup. Trophies, trophies, trophies! Wages of my talented young squad are increasing but I've only brought a couple of players in this summer with a few going out to balance the books. Annoyingly the board won't expand or build me a new stadium despite our average attendance being pretty much full capacity of just under 40,000 they say there isn't a big enough fanbase to justify an new stadium!

Yeah Benzia is pretty boss on Fifa too. It seems Lyon have the best youth setup on the game as they have a huge number of 4.5* to 5* potential players which are aged 15-18 and they all cost an absolute bomb.

Finished another season the other day, won the league, league cup and Champions league and lost the FA Cup final in extra time. At the start of the new season I've won the Community Shield and Super Cup. Trophies, trophies, trophies! Wages of my talented young squad are increasing but I've only brought a couple of players in this summer with a few going out to balance the books. Annoyingly the board won't expand or build me a new stadium despite our average attendance being pretty much full capacity of just under 40,000 they say there isn't a big enough fanbase to justify an new stadium!

Sounds like you're done; there's nothing left to do! ; )

Sounds like you're done; there's nothing left to do! ; )

Have to sustain it now! My aim originally was to win the champions league before changing jobs but I thought it'd take a lot longer! Lots of extra time and penalties involved in the cup runs and I still get hammered when I play Utd especially away from home! I want to add the FA Cup to my collection and see if I can sustain the success or if it all goes to pot! This is the longest I've had a Wolves game going for, I usually get stuck/bored once I get to around top 10 in the Prem.

I signed a guy called Cristian Ortiz from barca at age 18 and he is top notch and pedro from Sampdoria but he is being a twat and wants to leave and is my goal creator.

3 years in a row I have won the Europa league and am now 7th on the english hall of fame list. Why is this game so easy?

ScreenShot2013-04-10at184739_zps2e8a37fe.png

This guy has been a great signing from barca

ScreenShot2013-04-10at184844_zps4e5cee06.png

Yes I am mate. I play a 4-5-1 style formation with Balanced, Short passing. Though for that Leeds game I set it to Attacking as my goals had started to dry up in the previous couple of games.

Looks like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365676176.946714.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365676209.047155.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365676237.990510.jpg

Cheers for that. That's the formation I starting off with but I got a bit tinker-happy - I will stick to it in future!

If I'm struggling in games I often switch things around by moving the DM position to either up front to make an attacking 4-4-2, or just behind the striker to make an attacking 4-5-1.

Normally I score a decent number of corner goals, wondered why my team had been slacking... Tactics were all jacked up, must not have changed when I redid the formations. In the middle of playing my first game with the adjustments, 4 corner goals 30 minutes in... :icon_lol:

Oh lawdy just had a 60 yard goal scored on me...

Back