• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) 9/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
On the face of it, as nothing a game as you'll ever get in early March. 0% chance of either team going down, probably less than 5% chance of either qualifying for Europe through the league. Doesn't mean you throw it away though and we could do with a genuinely decent home performance, we arguably haven't had one since Everton which was all the way back in 2023.

Palhinha is back from suspension for them, Adama has a goal and an assist in his last two, don't think Raul will make it. Muniz in good form for them which means sadly we won't see much of Armando Broja doing his poor man's Havard Flo impression.

I don't think we'll go this way but it's what I'd do.

-------------------------Sa-------------------------

--------------Kilman---S Bueno----Toti-------------

Semedo-------Lemina----J Gomes--------Ait-Nouri

--------------Sarabia----Fraser----Neto-------------

Fulham last won at Molineux in April 1985 (if you don't count winning on pens in Jan 2015).

2023/24: L 2-3 (A)
2022/23: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2018/19: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2016/17: D 4-4 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2015/16: W 3-2 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/04: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/01: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/00: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/98: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/96: W 2-0 (H, LC), W 5-1 (A, LC)

Last edited:
On the face of it, as nothing a game as you'll ever get in early March. 0% chance of either team going down, probably less than 5% chance of either qualifying for Europe through the league. Doesn't mean you throw it away though and we could do with a genuinely decent home performance, we arguably haven't had one since Everton which was all the way back in 2023.

Palhinha is back from suspension for them, Adama has a goal and an assist in his last two, don't think Raul will make it. Muniz in good form for them which means sadly we won't see much of Armando Broja doing his poor man's Havard Flo impression.

I don't think we'll go this way but it's what I'd do.

-------------------------Sa-------------------------

--------------Kilman---S Bueno----Toti-------------

Semedo-------Lemina----J Gomes--------Ait-Nouri

--------------Sarabia----Fraser----Neto-------------

Fulham last won at Molineux in April 1985 (if you don't count winning on pens in Jan 2015).

2023/24: L 2-3 (A)
2022/23: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2018/19: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2016/17: D 4-4 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2015/16: W 3-2 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/04: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/01: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/00: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/98: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/96: W 2-0 (H, LC), W 5-1 (A, LC)

I like the look of this but suspect it will be Bellegarde instead of Fraser.
If Neto and Gomes aren't available it's gunna look a bit ugly.

Neto seems to have some sort of issue so I’d go with the precautionary stitch in time principle if it is anything that could get worse with playing. Shocking that we are so short up front but that’s been done to death, but given where we are I’d be doing everything we can to ensure we have the best possible chance of beating Coventry by resting players who will benefit from it. Happy to play Santi Bueno and I’m finding it hard to believe Chirewa won’t offer at least as much as Bellegarde.

I just don't see us playing Neto. Fraser looks what he is, a kid playing mens football 2 levels higher than he should be and the little bits of Chriewa we've seen he looks even further away.
Bueno in at LWB, RAN left forward, Bellegarde right and Sarabia's turn to look ineffective as the false 9.

Unfortunately I think we are in for another comfortable defeat

I can't make this game and my ticket has been listed on the website for resale for a while, doesn't look like it's even close to selling out. A bit disappointing for a Saturday 3pm game really.

I'd rest anyone with slight knocks, really can't afford anymore injuries, with one eye on Coventry. Coventry match far more important in my eyes, its a game that could prolong our season rather than our season be effectively over in March.

Would love to see Raul on their bench, he deserves a decent send off.

I can't make this game and my ticket has been listed on the website for resale for a while, doesn't look like it's even close to selling out. A bit disappointing for a Saturday 3pm game really.
The two times I've put mine on they've not sold, couple of reasonable seats next to each other in the NB Upper, one of those was Chelsea at 3pm on a Saturday

Mine hasn't sold either, Sheff Utd sold fairly quickly though.

Do returned tickets only go on sale once all other tickets have been sold?

Mine hasn't sold either, Sheff Utd sold fairly quickly though.

Yeah mine sold straight away for Chelsea. Against Sheffield United nobody actually stood in your seat, usually there's about 10x too many people in our row but for that game I had loads of room.

Was/is the press conference today? If so are there any injury updates?

On contract talks: "No discussions with Matt yet, but I saw what he said. I'm 100% focused on the team and there will be a lot to discuss in the summer."

More on contract: "I love it here and I'm really happy. I love the relationship with the fans, squad and staff. When the time comes to discuss it, we will."

On other jobs: "I'm not aware of any jobs I'm linked with - and I'm not available!"

On Hobbs: "He's a great guy and I wouldn't be here without him. The support I've had from him is something I've not experienced in football before."

On potential player sales: "I've spoken to Matt and we don't need to sell anyone. We can do some stuff in the summer, but if we want to be really active we will need to sell some."

Team news: "Sa and Neto both fine. They've trained really well and will be in the squad tomorrow."

Team news: "Joao Gomes is fine. He's feeling 100%"

Any fresh injuries? "Dawson has a sore groin, it will be a late check on him and he may not make it."

Gaz presser:

- Gets on very well with Matt Hobbs. Not interested in rumours linking him elsewhere as he's not available, is happy here & loves the connection with the fans.
- Doesn't see any issues with the contract talks, as & when they happen. Wants to be here.
- Doesn't like the questions about the manager of the season etc, as still so much football to be played and nothing achieved yet.
- new model of transfer dealings is based on the accounts & where they knew we'd be. He understands that players will have to leave in the summer & that they might have to move things around.
- Neto, Joao Gomes & Sa both fit. Came in on their days off to do some extra work, as did GON himself - both trained well and feeling "100% fine".
- Knows who's playing up front tomorrow but doesn't want to say who. Said "Nathan Fraser is ready to play".
- Fulham are in a good moment, Marco doing great job, best players available to them - we need to be very, very good to come out on top.
- Craig Dawson has a "sore groin" so there will be a late check on him. Sounds like Santi will come in.
- The Coventry game doesn't get a consideration when picking the team tomorrow. We need to go "full tilt" to win a Premier League game. Every game is huge.

I think we should be aiming to win this , full stop . I'd be very disappointed with a defeat .

We've had a weeks break , licked our wounds since last Saturday and should be motivated to get back winning again as a result . FA Cup quarter final is a massive game , but let it look after itself . There should be no holding back tomorrow just because of the Coventry match , or because there is little at stake due to the respective league positions of both teams .

Let's finish as high as possible in the table . I don't like the idea that tomorrow is a ' nothing ' game - if that is the case , then all remaining league matches matter little .
I understand people's concern re its proximity to the Coventry game , but in my view a strong performance tomorrow will aid us in our approach to Coventry and not the other way around .

I think we should be aiming to win this , full stop . I'd be very disappointed with a defeat .

We've had a weeks break , licked our wounds since last Saturday and should be motivated to get back winning again as a result . FA Cup quarter final is a massive game , but let it look after itself . There should be no holding back tomorrow just because of the Coventry match , or because there is little at stake due to the respective league positions of both teams .

Let's finish as high as possible in the table . I don't like the idea that tomorrow is a ' nothing ' game - if that is the case , then all remaining league matches matter little .
I understand people's concern re its proximity to the Coventry game , but in my view a strong performance tomorrow will aid us in our approach to Coventry and not the other way around .
I agree in principle but we have real problems with our front line, if Neto is actually properly fit then yes play our best available 11.
GON says he is but we've heard that before. If there is any doubt over Neto or Gomes, then I'd prefer them left out.

Marco Silva:

On Raúl Jiménez: "Raúl has been involved in training. It's probably too early for him to be involved (on Saturday). Next week he will be back involved fully fit."

On form: "We are getting more consistent, that's really important and really difficult at the level we're playing. Last few weeks have been very good in terms of results and performances."

On goals: "The first three or four games of the season, we were not creating enough. After that, we started creating much more and when you provide for players like Raúl or Rodrigo, they have the ability to score."

On Gary O'Neil: "He has made an impact on their football club. Looks like a great connection with his players from the outside and results help settle everything in football."

On Saturday: "They have been strong. It's going to be a very good challenge for us and after back-to-back wins, we want more."

Back