• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A, LC) 26/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add Cunha to the list of players with shit body language.

Seriously, though. GoN is just sat, silently, looking clueless on the bench. Leader? Don’t make me laugh.

Sack him this evening.
We can go down the "individual mistakes" rabbit hole all we want, and there is logic to that, but there's not a single player on the pitch today who looks like they'd "run through walls" for O'Neil.

It truly looks as if the players either don't understand what Gary is trying to coach them to do, or they've already given up on his methods having any efficacy whatsoever. Either of those should spell the end for a coach.

Right. Please go on?
You don’t think there is a correlation between a managerial capability and propensity to make mistakes? I mean, you just can’t think that. Unless…

We can go down the "individual mistakes" rabbit hole all we want, and there is logic to that, but there's not a single player on the pitch today who looks like they'd "run through walls" for O'Neil.

It truly looks as if the players either don't understand what Gary is trying to coach them to do, or they've already given up on his methods having any efficacy whatsoever. Either of those should spell the end for a coach.

Sounds pretty unprofessional to me.

Shi was there. Hopefully he swallows his pride and does the deed tomorrow.

Delighted with the performance and result and all the players that have forced their way in to the starting 11 for City this weekend.

Or not.

You don’t think there is a correlation between a managerial capability and propensity to make mistakes? I mean, you just can’t think that. Unless…

I don't think the example is a good one. If that was the case, no one would spend money on defenders. Just pick blokes off the street to play under a world class coach, job done.

Sounds pretty unprofessional to me.
Equally it's pretty unprofessional for a manager to leave his entire squad dangling in the wind because his "tactics" don't give us any opportunity to win.

Right. Please go on?
Self explanatory isn’t it?

Stones went to city, known to have a fuck up in him, doesn’t seem to nowadays.

Just using your David Luiz example .

Is it helpful individual mistakes, no. But surely the fact our individual mistakes seem to be far more common than previous has something to do with the manager and coaching potentially?

Equally it's pretty unprofessional for a manager to leave his entire squad dangling in the wind because his "tactics" don't give us any opportunity to win.

If done purposely, I agree. Going onto the pitch in a wolves shirt and not doing the bare minimum requirement is a consciois choice.

We don't have quality players or coaches. Defenders are atrocious. Can't complain anymore why Kilman and Dawson play. Bc Toti and S. Beuno aren't any better. Even with a new manager don't know if we're any better than 17th, maybe 16th.

Self explanatory isn’t it?

Stones went to city, known to have a fuck up in him, doesn’t seem to nowadays.

Just using your David Luiz example .

Is it helpful individual mistakes, no. But surely the fact our individual mistakes seem to be far more common than previous has something to do with the manager and coaching potentially?

They've happened under every manager we've had with some degree of regularity. Doherty used to make 2/3 a game under Nuno and he's the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

If done purposely, I agree. Going onto the pitch in a wolves shirt and not doing the bare minimum requirement is a consciois choice.
If you need to give a presentation on healthcare in the UK and your boss sets you up with access to data about healthcare in the US, how much effort do you need to put in to make up the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back