• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Nice little piece on him there.

I love these kinds of signings tbh, nothing to lose but if they end up being PL quality it feels like such a massive win

New loan rules will make these a bit of a challenge if the plan is to send him to Switzerland

We can still send eight players overseas next season though? Can't imagine it will present that much of an immediate obstacle.

Also nothing to stop us "selling" him to Grasshoppers somewhere down the line for a couple of million then "buying" him back for about the same price if he's any good.

I guess that might help if one of your aims is to move money to different places.

We're also loaning out players like bonatini, dadashov and Campana.

If push comes to shove we could just not loan them out. I doubt they'll ever make profit for us now, (slight question mark around Dadashov though) so letting them go / selling them would free up space if we need it.

He's young - 20 in April - and the new loan rules only count for 21+

He's young - 20 in April - and the new loan rules only count for 21+
This. Also Inter Miami have an obligation/option (not sure which one) to buy on Campana. People like Bonatini will be sold/released. As someone else mentioned above, I can see us flogging people like Conor Ronan/Luke Matheson/Burr to Grasshoppers for a knocked down rate if we're unable to find suitors elsewhere (which surely we can). I don't see this new rule being an issue for a club like us. But if you're someone like Chelsea, it's going to affect you a lot.

I mean if Boro were back in for him and he was seen in a Middlesbrough Greggs buying a a Vegan sausage roll, then fair enough.
I may well be imagining it, but when at Middlesbrough didn’t he spend a lot of time at their version of Stryker’s Sega World playing video games with the local teenagers?

Think his contract is also up this summer. Clearly a decent player there but risky to give another contract

I may well be imagining it, but when at Middlesbrough didn’t he spend a lot of time at their version of Stryker’s Sega World playing video games with the local teenagers?
Hollywood bowl at Teeside Park fwiw!

Spiers has confirmed Sanderson is off to QPR on loan. Good move for him (they're 2 points off an automatic promotion place with a game in hand). Just hope he gets some games there. He also said Sheff Utd tried to hijack it at the last minute.

Looks like QPR play three at the back - Robert Dickie, Jimmy Dunne & Yoann Barbet. Not sure how likely he is to displace any of them from the starting 11.

Barbet is a left back by trade so maybe him. We must have got some kind of assurances from Warburton and his massive head about playing time.

There was some talk we were looking at Dickie, scored a couple of belters this season. We don't seem to be in the market for a centre half any more though (fine by me especially if Yerson isn't far off coming back).

I guess its the next test for Sanderson to see if he can force his way in. We know he's good enough for a mid table championship side.

If he can, it shows he's got something about him.

A good natural step up for him for definite, let's hope he gets a good run of games there.

Dickie is decent tbf but we don't seem to buy from that market very often!

Back