• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny wants ' Time Out'

croxdenabbey

Reaction score
From the BBC:
"Wolves boss Kenny Jackett says the introduction of timeouts in football could be a good idea - but only from a coach's point of view.

The 53-year-old head coach admits it might spoil the game for fans but would give team bosses a tactical advantage.
"I'm sure other coaches will tell you that it wouldn't be too bad if you could have a timeout now and then."

What's everyone's view on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for coaches, GREAT for advertisers, and probably the absolute last thing I want to see.

We will have sky sponsoring time outs.......seen American Football......no thanks

Might be easier for the coach to change the system, but we don't need it. We don't have designated plays in football.

The system is normally Easy to change with a quick word to a player and he pass it on, as normally, it should be something you have discussed it worked on in training.

Might be easier for the coach to change the system, but we don't need it. We don't have designated plays in football.

The system is normally Easy to change with a quick word to a player and he pass it on, as normally, it should be something you have discussed it worked on in training.

There's a reason why Kenny waits until half time to make his big tactical shifts. Oftentimes a quick word in the ear of a player isn't enough.

I think this'd be a great idea. Limit each manager to 1 short time out per match and I don't think it'd be too annoying for attending fans. I think it'd create even more intrigue tbh, another way managers can influence a game.

There's a reason why Kenny waits until half time to make his big tactical shifts. Oftentimes a quick word in the ear of a player isn't enough.

I think this'd be a great idea. Limit each manager to 1 short time out per match and I don't think it'd be too annoying for attending fans. I think it'd create even more intrigue tbh, another way managers can influence a game.

I'd agree with that, maybe even 1 per half. 30s-1m should be plenty and when the ball is out of play. No different to a player being injured for a minute or so and those happen pretty regularly during a game.

But then I'm also in favour of sin bins too (Kevin Davies would have been in the bin for 10 minutes in the United game last night under my thoughts).

As long as rule changes enhance the game for all I don't see the problem.

I'm not sure about sin bins myself. If the general standard of refereeing wasn't so appalling I might be more in favour.

Back