• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Last Man Standing 17/18

In so far:

Parkin - Barnsley
Frank - Middlesbrough
Tony T - Derby
Deutsch - Sheff Utd

Sheffield Utd for me please.

Millwall please.

I'll continue to play anyway but IMO the rules were fine as they were. Part of the attraction if the game is even when you're out you can still actually win.

There needed to be a tiebreak coming up with as no-one winning is just stupid when it takes weeks to get through sometimes. That's why I didn't bother with the last new one. Now the rule is there though I'm back in! Though I guess you could still have everyone lose and have to start all over again...

Anyway, I'll go for Villa U21s please.

It's a bit like Takeshi's Castle...

Which just adds to the fun :) I don't mind without the new rule, someone will eventually win once over the course of the season!

Let's go for Millwall whilst we're at it.

Which just adds to the fun :) I don't mind without the new rule, someone will eventually win once over the course of the season!

My local over 35's football team run this competition and everyone who enters pays a £1 weekly subscription. You keep going until there is a winner and therefore interest grows each time there isn't a winner as the pot gets bigger. I guess without the incentive of a sizeable cash prize folk are becoming disinterested!

There needed to be a tiebreak coming up with as no-one winning is just stupid when it takes weeks to get through sometimes. That's why I didn't bother with the last new one. Now the rule is there though I'm back in! Though I guess you could still have everyone lose and have to start all over again...

Anyway, I'll go for Villa U21s please.

My local over 35's football team run this competition and everyone who enters pays a £1 weekly subscription. You keep going until there is a winner and therefore interest grows each time there isn't a winner as the pot gets bigger. I guess without the incentive of a sizeable cash prize folk are becoming disinterested!

Just shows that you can never please everyone.

Take the point re cash prize which generate interest even if you went out as you would want a failed game so the money carried over, but without that tends to mean for some people it becomes boring. Will try this one with the extra role & see how it goes.

In so far:

Parkin - Barnsley
Frank - Middlesbrough
Tony T - Derby
Deutsch - Sheff Utd
Tredman - Sheff Utd
Donegal - Middlesbrough
Sniffer - Milwall
Darlo - Sheff Utd
Bear - Aston Villa
jlovatt - Milwall
Trips - Milwall
BillyD - Milwall
Fred - Wolves

Last edited:
Just shows that you can never please everyone.

Take the point re cash prize which generate interest even if you went out as you would want a failed game so the money carried over, but without that tends to mean for some people it becomes boring. Will try this one with the extra role & see how it goes.

You should never aim to please everyone either, but thanks - appreciate your effort in running this!

You should never aim to please everyone either, but thanks - appreciate your effort in running this!

Wasn't trying to as I know that only way that ends up is in failure.

Just that with the first 3 games this season falling flat on their face (& with reducing numbers of winners year on year over the last 3 seasons) I was becoming bored with it as well :icon_biggrin:

Millwall. I've no problem with the null games (I think it's part of the games charm), but if others feel different, so be it.

Wolves please

A number fall at the first fence:

Parkin - Barnsley
Frank - Middlesbrough
Deutsch - Sheff Utd
Tredman - Sheff Utd
Donegal - Middlesbrough
Darlo - Sheff Utd
Fred - Wolves

Int break now, but next set of fixtures:

FRIDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
Burton Albion v Sheffield United
Preston North End v Bolton Wanderers
SATURDAY 18TH NOVEMBER
Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest
Cardiff City v Brentford
Hull City v Ipswich Town
Norwich City v Barnsley
Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa
Reading v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City
Sunderland v Millwall
Fulham v Derby County
SUNDAY 19TH NOVEMBER
Leeds United v Middlesbrough

Tough set of fixtures to call. I'll have Forest please as Blues are indescribably bad.

Back