• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester City (A) Build up/Match thread 8/11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Nuno has any real interest in playing 3-5-2 against anyone at the moment.
He did it against Palace when he took off both Pod and Neto and brought on Moutino and Traore. It immediately stopped their supply to Zaha and their other winger, and forced their midfield further back.

Oh aye, from the start I mean. We've shown no inclination whatsoever to do it all season and I don't see us changing it now. If it's not for a poxy phantom free kick then we're currently on a run of four straight wins to nil (whatever the relative strength of the opposition).

I also don't really see Podence or Neto as proper options in a front two.

We've set up in a 3-5-2 a lot this season. Neto has been defending on the left of a 3 man midfield with Podence up front alongside Raúl.

It's most definitely 3-4-3 in possession though.

Podence doesn't play as a striker, or even a split striker.

It's most definitely 3-4-3 in possession though.

Podence doesn't play as a striker, or even a split striker.
Yeah thats how I see it we start as a wide 3 but its a lot more fluid then before (Neto and Podence, even Jimenez at times swapping) with Neto perhaps told to drop in when needs be.

343 but a bit deeper than how we played against palace

I'd take a draw all day long

They've done remarkably well considering their first choice back four and DM are all crocked. Fair play to them.

You've got to respect them going forward, but equally you have to fancy your chances up against Morgan, Fuchs, Thomas and Justin at the back.

Tough run of fixtures coming up -
Leicester, Southampton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa & Chelsea.

We're in a reasonable position in the table given the fixtures we have had so far - but this is where the system and personnel will start to get properly tested.

Like Nando alluded to, I think we can get at that Leicester defence - and I reckon between the back three we can keep Vardy quiet. Southampton will be a tough test - they are bang in form. Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea and a local derby v Villa could produce zero points as easily as it could give us 12. Will be interesting to see where we are after this run of games.

probably harsh on Saiss but Kilman hasn't done anything to deserve dropping, RAN demonstrated he's a true alternative in the wingback depth chart, and Donk has been good in midfield, so can't see the 'nuno might revert to him' angle.

same team and general strategy with an eye to Vardy, adjustments at the half.

Won’t take a draw (literally hate the phrase, we aren’t Newcastle), but would accept one. No reason we can’t win, id actually say we should be favourites given home advantage isn’t really a thing now and it never really affected us anyway.

Leicester, Saints, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea... I'd probably accept 9 points from the next six games. 10 or over & I'd be delighted. Would like to see a few minutes of Otasowie at some point as well.

I think we are about par points wise versus the opposition played. I think this stretch will tell us whether it's going to be a mini rebuild season or one where we are going to genuinely challenge the top 6

I think this stretch will tell us whether it's going to be a mini rebuild season or one where we are going to genuinely challenge the top 6

Put like that the mini rebuild sounds like an excuse when we don't get the results we want?

That's a tough stretch of games against some teams clearly in good form. We'll really get to see what this team is made of.

Put like that the mini rebuild sounds like an excuse when we don't get the results we want?
Excuse or reason? We are transitioning the way we play on the fly without a pre season, that's a bloody hard thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back