• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been clever in how they’ve attacked the wide areas. Whatever shape we use need to close the ball down quicker. Think if we press higher we negate all that though.

Been completely outplayed since taking the lead. Good reaction from Leicester but really, really disappointing from us. Not keeping the ball anywhere near well enough and little to no hold up play. Since his assist, Raul has been abysmal.

Don't think him and Pod together is working. They're miles away from each other, Pod's getting all the ball and then you have his weird decision making to boot

Vulnerable to the slightest bit of movement. Semedo and Kilman the worst offenders. Been a long time since we let men run off us like this

Poor. Scored and then have been a distant 2nd best. I'd take Raul off, he's been utterly shit. Again. We are playing a 3 man midfield and have had zero control of it. Donk started ok and made a couple of decent forward runs but may as well have not been on the pitch for the last half an hour, he's contributed nothing.

The formation we are playing relies on Raul doing a fair bit of running and closing down.

Unfortunately, he’s having one of those days where he looks like he’s rather be somewhere else.

Just watching their goal again, Donk & Kilman both let Lookman run past them for his goal. Poor.

Is donk playing as a cm or right side attacker?
Lage has asked him to do both. It worked for 15 mins but we need a better player getting forwards.

Lage needs to earn his corn here with a tactical change. Either 3 up front or pushing more men forward.

Lot of blame to go around for the goal tbf.

Constantly getting overloaded down the flanks, system isn't working. I can understand playing a 3 to match them up but we're just getting constantly pinned - going to have to trust the back 3 to hold and try to push back against them higher up, IMO

They’ve been clever in how they’ve attacked the wide areas. Whatever shape we use need to close the ball down quicker. Think if we press higher we negate all that though.
They do seem to have favoured their right, going around Moutinho, the attacks down the left seem to be long balls that Kilman has been quite undecisive about

Lage has asked him to do both. It worked for 15 mins but we need a better player getting forwards.

Lage needs to earn his corn here with a tactical change. Either 3 up front or getting more men forward.
It's awkward because I think ideally Donk should be hanging back more and helping get control of the middle, but then Pod and Raul would be even more isolated.

Says a lot, I trust Bruno to make the right tactical changes to get us back in front here.

Just watching their goal again, Donk & Kilman both let Lookman run past them for his goal. Poor.

Semedo is the worst offender for me, standing back stick watching it all unfold but too slow to react to it. The others in front of him are blind sided by Lookman's run and get caught out.

Bit wet in the GH stand, I'm not one for fashion but a yellow poncho isn't the most fetching.

Need a goal to shut these gobshite Leicester fans up, pffft 40 years and won f-all indeed

Semedo is the worst offender for me, standing back stick watching it all unfold but too slow to react to it. The others in front of him are blind sided by Lookman's run and get caught out.
RAN doesn't read the danger until after the pass is played. If he stays alive they never put in a cross in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back