• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leyton Orient

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
When Wolves won league one, for most of the season Leyton Orient were our main rivals for promotion. Now they are bottom of league two, seven points from safety, and look destined to fall out of the football league.

How on earth has this happened?

They were two nil up in the play off final against Rotherham!

When Wolves won league one, for most of the season Leyton Orient were our main rivals for promotion. Now they are bottom of league two, seven points from safety, and look destined to fall out of the football league.

How on earth has this happened?

Mental owners making mental decision after mental decision. Simple really

Barry Hearn got pissed off and so sold to an absolute lunatic. That's it in a nutshell.

They were two nil up in the play off final against Rotherham!

I was there that day. I was also at Orient the day we won the title. Crazy how quickly things have changed for them.

Blame West Ham

Hearn (who I think is a bit of a plonker normally) had them really going in the right direction.

Then they lose out on the stadium and he says he wants out. This, combined with their best season in eons coinciding with us, Brentford, and Rotherham being in the same division was somewhat unfortunate. Saying that, if they had got promoted I think they would have got smashed up in the Championship.

I thought Orient looked quite decent when we played them at Molineux. And while I agree that they might have struggled in the championship, at least they would not be in the mess they are now.

Why would a 60k stadium have been any use to Leyton Orient?

Why would a 60k stadium have been any use to Leyton Orient?
The rhetoric was around West Ham playing where they pull their natural supporter base from and damaging the club. I think it was about 20% that, 80% converting the rest of Brisbane Road into flats.

West Ham getting 25k more capacity was (in theory according to Mr Hearn) taking fans out of the natural Brisbane Road catchment area

Yeah, but playing in a 60k Stadium would have been stupid.

By all means try and get compensation, but don't try and argue you should have it!

I think he wanted a ground share. It would have been like Queen's Park at Hampden.

I think he wanted to use the hockey stadium which would have had about 15k capacity.

Cant remember why it wasnt a goer, but I think West Ham being too close when they moved into the Olympic Stadium was an issue.

Back