• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton (H) 27/4 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Being a young man in the late 90s/early 00s I went to Cream in Liverpool a couple of times, on other people's invitation. Loaded and the likes would insist at the time that this was the place to be outside London. Only I don't do pills and I'm ambivalent at best about dance music, and the bars stopped selling booze at 11pm, so it was boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish at ear-splitting volume until the bloody music ran out at FOUR FUCKING AM IN THE MORNING. That's what the end of this season is like. The list of redeeming features starts with "at least I'm not watching a Bruno Lage team" and ends around there.

I've quite enjoyed Luton this season. They've given it everything with a very limited group and the football they play is on the rustic side but without being pure Pulis-style drivel. With Everton now as good as safe it's a straight Luton/Forest fight for survival, by the look of it, and Nuno aside, I think we all consider Forest to be the GB News of the Premier League 2023/24. So if we do continue our crappy form, at least there's a silver lining.

Obviously I don't want that to happen, I want us to win. We're going to have to play a back four by the look of it as in our never-ending wisdom, we decided four CHs for three spots was enough, and two of them are injured. So who knows.

------------------------Sa------------------------

Semedo---------Kilman--------Toti--------H Bueno

----------------------J Gomes--------------------------

---------------Lemina--------Traoré-------------------

------------Hwang-----Cunha-----Ait-Nouri---------------

2023/24: D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2006/07: W 1-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2005/06: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1995/96: D 0-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
1994/95: L 2-3 (H), D 3-3 (A)
1993/94: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)

Interested to see how our next manager sets the team up.

And totally wrong about Cream, it is as far away from this interminable tosh as could be!

You know he's going to play Matt Doherty in a back 3 right?

Accept it now

Being a young man in the late 90s/early 00s I went to Cream in Liverpool a couple of times, on other people's invitation. Loaded and the likes would insist at the time that this was the place to be outside London. Only I don't do pills and I'm ambivalent at best about dance music, and the bars stopped selling booze at 11pm, so it was boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish at ear-splitting volume until the bloody music ran out at FOUR FUCKING AM IN THE MORNING. That's what the end of this season is like. The list of redeeming features starts with "at least I'm not watching a Bruno Lage team" and ends around there.

I've quite enjoyed Luton this season. They've given it everything with a very limited group and the football they play is on the rustic side but without being pure Pulis-style drivel. With Everton now as good as safe it's a straight Luton/Forest fight for survival, by the look of it, and Nuno aside, I think we all consider Forest to be the GB News of the Premier League 2023/24. So if we do continue our crappy form, at least there's a silver lining.

Obviously I don't want that to happen, I want us to win. We're going to have to play a back four by the look of it as in our never-ending wisdom, we decided four CHs for three spots was enough, and two of them are injured. So who knows.

------------------------Sa------------------------

Semedo---------Kilman--------Toti--------H Bueno

----------------------J Gomes--------------------------

---------------Lemina--------Traoré-------------------

------------Hwang-----Cunha-----Ait-Nouri---------------

2023/24: D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2006/07: W 1-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2005/06: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1995/96: D 0-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
1994/95: L 2-3 (H), D 3-3 (A)
1993/94: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)

That's the side, but I'd swap Hwang and RAN around.

And if you hated Cream in Liverpool then you'd chopped your own head off if you went to Cream at Amnesia in Ibiza. €60 entry, €12 for a bottle of water, €15 for a bottle of beer and €20 for a vodka and coke. Salt in the tap water so you can't refill your bottle. Sweat literally dropping off the ceiling. Finishes at 6am. Done it 6 times, and they're the best nights of my life 🤩😍

I think I actually would rather watch Matt Doherty at RCH. There might be some comedy value there and I'll be home in time for tea.

........................... Sa

.............. Doc - Kilman - Toti

Semedo - Doyle - Gomes - RAN

....................... Lemina

................ Hwang - Cunha

Probably what he'll put out. Unless Traore gets a run out.

FWIW it’s worth Doc and Semedo played the opposite roles last night. Doc almost played as under Nuno.

I think Doc played CH against Blackpool in the League Cup? I didn't go but I remember Gaz going on about it. Scored two as well. Could be a bit like when Ruud Gullit turned himself into a classy libero around 1995.

Is that Birch at 7? He looks terrible, remember him as better than that

It is him, I never liked him much. Paul Tait's awful challenge turned him into a complete coward and he was never very good technically.

The team that day :D My word.

-------------------Jones-----------------

Ashley-----Blades-----Mountfield----Edwards

Birch-----Downing------Cook---------Burke

--------------Bull------Roberts---------------

Burke miles out of position and wasted, the slowest back four in the world, Downing miles past it, non-league Darren up top.

Madden came on at HT for Edwards and God knows what we were playing then. Who would have been LB?!

Burke miles out of position and wasted, the slowest back four in the world, Downing miles past it, non-league Darren up top.

Madden came on at HT for Edwards and God knows what we were playing then. Who would have been LB?!
I was almost certainly at that game but remember nothing.

We did flirt with a back 3 then, I imagine we shifted Birch to RWB & Ashley to LWB?

I imagine we shifted Birch to RWB & Ashley to LWB?
jim-carrey-scared.gif

Stunning run of form then too

Cambridge (A) D 1-1
Luton (H) L 1-2
Tranmere (A) L 0-3
Newcastle (A) L 1-2
Bristol City (H) D 0-0
Watford (A) L 1-3

We'd already had a run of 0 wins in 7 before that and the Watford game only takes you into mid-January. Turner really did get by on goodwill and credit in the bank for a very long time.

Can't see a 1-2 loss in the opening post in the thread? Did Paul Stewart come on a sub for us in that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back