• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Depends on whether you are in the big 6 or not judging by today’s decisions in the PL.
Always keep off these threads for a bit to let it calm down (or enough go off and do something else).

Raul - what can you say. The first yellow was a foul, but a yellow as well! - whether he thought it was deserved or not he did get it so really don't play silly buggers right in front of the Ref 45 seconds later. ( some have spoken re brain injuries & yes personality can change - my ex DiL was not the same character after her aneurysym)

Penalty is dubious though Moss gave it in real time & as far as I am aware VAR can only rule against if it's obvious & clear which from what I've seen so far it isn't (though don't think is was one personally). Moss should have been told to review it on the pitchside monitor to confirm his decision. Moutinho gave him the opportunity to give it with his arm raised that high.

The bright spots out of that (and in other games) has been the form of Kilman & Ait Nouri both of whom have grown in stature and capability.
By today’s decisions I’m assuming it’s not just our game (haven’t seen highlights of others)
Meh I’m not convinced it’s a pen but can see why it’s given and upheld. It’s
Ok saying top 6 bias etc. But the top
6 attack more so there is more chances for decisions like this to go in their favour. Not accepting the ‘top 6 bias’ on this one

I'm amazed some of you think it was the correct decision, it literally didn't hit his arm.
Attempted to upload a video I took of the aftermatch analysis which categorically shows it didn't hit his arm.

But it won't upload .m4a files.

Last edited:
Have we got a still of Moss position when he gives the penalty? This is something that’s not taken into account when making these calls.
They say they don’t want to re-referee the game but surely if the refs view is impeded in any way then surely you can’t stick with his on field call.
Peter Walton was looking at things from a robotic law book view point. The clear and obvious error mantra is utter crap it leaves the whole thing open to wide interpretation.
The PGMOL have backed the call by pushing it the absolute limit of its boundaries.
They probably wish Moss didn’t give and no one would have cared.

By today’s decisions I’m assuming it’s not just our game (haven’t seen highlights of others)
Meh I’m not convinced it’s a pen but can see why it’s given and upheld. It’s
Ok saying top 6 bias etc. But the top
6 attack more so there is more chances for decisions like this to go in their favour. Not accepting the ‘top 6 bias’ on this one
Watch MOD tonight & review!

Raúl has always stood over free kicks and always been at keepers taking their time over kick outs. Today was nothing to do with any brain injury, its just a stupid decision from a senior player during one of the toughest away games of the season.

Good job we don't have a really winnable fixture next where we could do with our star striker....
Totally agree but maybe, just maybe, Fabio will get a chance to shine.

I've just seen the highlights. I genuinely think it's one of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen.

How VAR hasn't even suggested to Moss that he needs to relook at his decision is at best incompetence.

For those wondering at Moss's position, he has a clear line of sight but he's probably not in a great position to see where the ball strikes. He's also miles away from play.

I've just seen the highlights. I genuinely think it's one of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen.

How VAR hasn't even suggested to Moss that he needs to relook at his decision is at best incompetence.

For those wondering at Moss's position, he has a clear line of sight but he's probably not in a great position to see where the ball strikes. He's also miles away from play.
The reaction from non Wolves fans has been similar, "one of the worst decisions i've ever seen".

Attachments

• 236FF499-96B4-46EC-A655-05445326D992.jpeg
    236FF499-96B4-46EC-A655-05445326D992.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 15
Back