• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 5-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I think the Chirewa offside and the headbutt are the worst ones so far. I mean he literally headbutted him.
The headbutt for me.

Head butting someone is a red card in any game at any age and any level. Saying that it was 'soft' or whatever description was used to justify a yellow instead of a red by PGMOL is making up new laws on the hoof.

I think Attwell was VAR that night as well. Is there a pattern or combos of refs/VAR that are involved in the instances highlighted?

I've seen a lot of comments over the years about getting ex players in as refs and latterly VAR.
I doubt very much any would take those jobs, certainly I don't know many that have. It's a thankless task and they can make a nice l8ving as pundits.

Corrupt is difficult to establish obviously but the decisions definitely seem to favour the elite, whether its subconscious or not, if the Ait Nouri tackle had been Rodri for instance it wouldn’t have been given.

It’s just not a penalty it’s a 50/50 collision that happens and Gviardiol is equally at fault

Don't mind Richards in small doses but he shouldn't be on when it's City, he gets loads of (bantery) abuse from Lineker and Shearer for being on City's payroll.

Corrupt is difficult to establish obviously but the decisions definitely seem to favour the elite, whether its subconscious or not, if the Ait Nouri tackle had been Rodri for instance it wouldn’t have been given.
They just blow the whistle every time the elite teams has any chance. They don’t do it for us so the clear and obvious ratio is higher for them

Type of game really you can take a macro-view of things.

I think it highlights/lifts the carpet on the squad's defiencies. It shows how much work needs to be done in the pre-season. A lot of that is on Hobbs/Fosun not GON so I think he deserves for now a longer leash than we gave him early this season where it looked like he was the cheap, quick option.

How we played early season is about the ceiling for this squad and the coach, who has shown how new he is in the job but without injuries and shitty decisions, can be a top half team. If he does get backed in the summer than I think it's fair he gets a couple of months into the season before getting the knives out. He'll be the fall guy either way.

If he doesn't get backed, well it's more proof Fosun are just middling around for the next 2-5 years until the inevitable relegation happens. We're in an environment at the moment where its very hard for promoted teams to be succesful and other teams getting points penalties. That won't last forever and is hardly anything to get complacent about.

The worrying thing is that 2 of the plonkers after seeing it still thought it was a foul. Ait Nouri even got an elbow in his face for his troubles.

I don't think Pawson was even going to give it until Foden did his Kevin Nolan impression.

Pratwell was then as clueless as he always is.

I mean this is just fucking nonsense, isn't it:

A five-person Key Match Incident Panel voted by a 3-2 majority that referee Craig Pawson should not have given a spot-kick.

However, it unanimously agreed the video assistant referee was correct not to intervene.

So yeah we were wrong but also right not to correct an error. Say what now.

A five-person Key Match Incident Panel voted by a 3-2 majority that referee Craig Pawson should not have given a spot-kick.

However, it unanimously agreed the video assistant referee was correct not to intervene.
This baffles me.

The worrying thing is that 2 of the plonkers after seeing it still thought it was a foul. Ait Nouri even got an elbow in his face for his troubles.
If that was on the halfway line, 100% it’s a foul to RAN and possibly a yellow card to Gvardiol for “recklessness”. You see it all the time when players steam in, win the ball but clear out the opponent.

He’s had a shot as well and it’s not like the late challenges you often see in desperate attempts to get a block in (which still don’t get given). He’s the one being reckless, endangering an opponent and causing a collision.

Has anyone got slowed down footage of it? I'm sure that the contact (I'll presume that is why it wasn't overturned) was Gvardiol going into Ait Nouri and not RAN's leg catching him.

Exactly the same thing would have happened if RAN had just stood there (ball would still have gone miles over the bar too), so other than disappear like an Algerian David Blaine, I don't know what he was supposed to do.

Back