• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (A) 22/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Wolves do that was shit though? Bueno defended well against Mahrez, but De Bruyne put a perfect cross in to suit Haaland's late run. Nothing Collins could do about it.
I would simply defend perfectly against the best CF in the world.

I’m truly flabbergasted that anyone can have seen that and not think it’s a penalty.
I can see why it could have been given, I can also see the argument to not give it.

What did Wolves do that was shit though? Bueno defended well against Mahrez, but De Bruyne put a perfect cross in to suit Haaland's late run. Nothing Collins could do about it.
Exactly this. Haaland running at pace using his 6'4" frame jumping against any body is going to result in him getting his head on it.

He’s put decent whip on a ball where his striker can run and attack it above everyone else, in the centre of the goal. How is that not a good cross!? That is literally what he is trying to achieve
It was perfectly executed, the whole play. Nothing to say on the whole thing. Perfectly timed and positioned crossing, amazing run and jump by Haaland.

Think Collins was quite weak for the goal tbh and we’ve not put any pressure on the cross.

We’d limited them quite well before that but got nothing up top predictably. Let’s hope he introduces the proper front 3 soon

Ref giving out silly yellows

Not much any defender could do about the goal

Not a pen

Well drilled but a bit…dull?

It’s just a cross and a header. Nothing breathtaking. I can guarantee you Lopetegui will be pissed off with us conceding like that, but as I’ve said, agree to disagree.

Keys & Gray absolutely adamant it’s not a pen, it’s a dive & also it’s a clear foul on Adama in the build up.

Keyes & Gray absolutely adamant it’s not a pen, it’s a dive & also it’s a clear foul on Adama in the build up.
Richard Keys is the worst judge of anything in the world, the no lipped cunt.

It should have been a pen if he's not giving the foul on Adama, no doubt. Of course it was a foul first and the ghoul faced cunt sort of had to fudge it because he messed up. Again.

We played ok for the middle 30 minutes of that half. Well organised, and we defended well. We carry no threat going forward so it really has been a damage limitation exercise. We started poorly and finished the half poorly. I don't think the pattern of the 2nd half is likely to be much different, it's just a case of trying not to get beaten by a hatful.

Jason McAteer and Gray say no Pen.
Keys says should have been a Foul on Adama.

All 3 agree Coote has been shocking
Not on gammon TV, Scholes and Wright say it's a stonewall pen.

Everybody agreed the referee has been the poorest they've seen this season.

Think Collins was quite weak for the goal tbh and we’ve not put any pressure on the cross.

We’d limited them quite well before that but got nothing up top predictably. Let’s hope he introduces the proper front 3 soon
Harsh to say he was weak as he's got to jump from a static position.

Agree with having no pressure on the cross but we just got pulled out of position by one of the best midfielders on the planet.

Personally think we need to trust Bueno more in those situations against Mahrez and not double him. Every chance Mahrez gets a cross in but from a worse angle and (in theory) slightly easier to defend. Can't keep letting them have free crosses under no pressure into the box. Couple years ago it was fine and we benefited from that tactic quite well, but Haaland gives them that dimension they didn't have before now.

Lucky to be only 1-0 down, thanks to excellent defending from Collins. Offering Jack shit going forward. Nunes very disappointing when we've had a couple of chances to break and in general overall. If we're gonna lose, perhaps we should at least have our best XI on the field...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back