• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester United (A) 22.09.2018

Aye Banjo, me and a few others will be there on Saturday. Not sure where we're drinking but will let you know later in the week

Think I'm usually level headed and realistic but I must be officially over excited cos my thinking after yesterday is I'm going to be disappointed if we don't come back from Old Trafford with something

Not unreasonable to think that - get our shooting boots sorted out & we can

This is not like the last 2 times we were here

The last time I went to OT, we only lost to a last minute goal preceded by one of Stephen Ward's running backwards exhibitions.

I remember the game at OT in 2003/4, where people were predicting a cricket score, and Camara fluffed a great chance, and O’Shea got the only goal - the gap between the teams is way closer than then.

We were something like 8/1 to lose 10-0.

Our team:

-----------------------Oakes-----------------------

Irwin---------Butler----------Craddock---------Naylor

Newton----Cameron----Ince------Rae--------Camara

------------------------Blake-----------------------------

Subs: Murray, Okoronkwo, Clingan, Silas, Iversen

Previous times we were in the Premier one would approach this game with trepidation & hope not to get thumped & demoralised which kicks on into the next couple of games

Difference this time is that I am not at all - can we win or at least not lose - yes

Will we - who knows, but we have more than just a remote chance of a freak result.

Same as against any big team away. If you give away an early goal and you’re in for Long afternoon. Stay in the game and anything can happen, particularly with our ability on the counter and Utd’s defensive frailties.

No Matic and they’re away right now playing in Europe. We’re in great form and there’s no reason for us not to go there and play our natural game, which we will.

We could still get a 3-0 loss but this game holds no fear for me whatsoever, unlike previous visits there. Almost a free hit after our last two results.

Matic and Rashford suspended, which is good. Any result is possible here, we’re playing well, they are very hit and miss.

Hopefully they are a bit knackered from the midweek game.

This game has upset written all over it, I reckon Man U will grind out a draw!

Fancy our chances at the draw here, nice to feel confident about our chances in the Prem this time around.

I hope we arent getting carried away they are still top 4 quality and could give us a tonking. Given how recent results have gone I don't see them taking us lightly at all. Anything from this game would be brilliant.

My mates thoughts, Utd fan:

Fellaini cant pass he’ll clumsily get a yellow in the first half... fred looks shoddy but first season. Pogba just stands there with the ball holding ppl off 😡

You’ll control the midfield we dont control possession anymore in games. Down to whether wolves put their chances away

I hope we arent getting carried away they are still top 4 quality and could give us a tonking. Given how recent results have gone I don't see them taking us lightly at all. Anything from this game would be brilliant.

I'm sure we're not taking it lightly at all mate. However City are a class above Utd in every way, and we matched them. We've lost 1 game, and we played well in that and were unlucky. We should be confident going into this game. They're 1 spot above us in the table. Nuno will have our team believing we can win this game.

Back