• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had told me ten years ago that in a decade the new Wolves manager had previously managed Real Madrid and the Spanish national team, and won a UEFA Cup - I would probably get you sectioned.

Regardless of how embarrassing the past few months has been from the club management, it's a hell of an appointment.

Now, sort out the structure of the club, Jeff. Appoint a competent DoF, and you just concentrate on the commercial aspects of the club.

In isolation he wouldn't have been my first choice; he's a slightly predictable/unimaginative appointment imo.

But after the shitshow Lage turned into and the lack of any PL footballing management ability at the club, a genuine professional in this role with a solid reputation and experience is most welcome.

I think Jeff and co have done a great job of lowering expectations over the past 18 months though... From challenging the top 6 to desperately trying to avoid relegation... Like Newcastle in reverse

I hope he's a roaring success, but it doesn't strike me as being a calculated decision based on footballing philosophy/direction, he's just a Mendes big dog.

Miles better than Scott Davis though

Conformed by the club. There's a new thread open for it, so closing this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back