• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at his CV bombed at all the big clubs he’s been at only real success was with Leverkusen so that’s a no from me

Wasn’t great at Dortmund. Pretty solid win-loss record elsewhere. Wouldn’t be my first choice but I’m not going to hold it against him that he didn’t win more with …Heracles Almelo

Bosz seems fine at first glance. Attacking football. Competent enough record. Other two are huge gambles. Exciting though to be honest!

Piece on Barry from his time with Ireland

Nothing to do with Wolves, but this is a great line with withering context

Goalkeeper coach Alan Kelly is reported to have hated the motivational video shown at Wembley but he attributed his departure to the fear that the excessive travel in an era of Covid-19 might exacerbate his asthma. (Kelly continues on the staff at Everton, where he has since worked under three different managers)

Barry has been linked with the Albion and Middlesbrough jobs

Bosz seems fine at first glance. Attacking football. Competent enough record. Other two are huge gambles. Exciting though to be honest!
Yeah, 5 jobs since 2016 with the following win rates; Maccabi Tel Aviv 68%, Ajax 64.29%, Dortmund (his big failure) 33.33%, Leverkusen 54.63% and Lyon 45.76%.

It's okay I guess and at least he isn't a Mendes drone

It's okay I guess and at least he isn't a Mendes drone
Part of me thinks the same, the other 99% thinks that if Jeff and Scott are going to dream up something creative we could be in for a world of pain.

The fact that one of the men on the short list is not a Mendes client is not a reason to hire him . Yes - we are far too reliant on Jorge to come up with a name for us to speak to and appoint without talking to anyone else .
I just want the person to be the right fit - I could not care less whether they are a Mendes client or not .

Reading about Bosz he never lasts long in jobs.

He obviously is a very good salesman as he keeps getting jobs and then gets fired when the players think 'wtf is going on?'

He may be what we need for a year though.

Laughing at the massive negative overreaction towards the Bosz news. He’s a good manager.

Everyone will point to his time at Dortmund (where it didn’t go well) whilst blissfully ignoring all the good stuff.

He got Vitesse competing towards the top of the Eredivisie.

At Tel Aviv he was undefeated in 19 games.

Took Ajax to the Europa league final.

Qualified for the champions league with Leverkusen.

Dortmund is the obvious blot on what’s otherwise a fairly decent CV. But he would bring a wealth of experience and the bloke plays attacking football (sometimes to the detriment of the team in a defensive way, which is why Dortmund went south quickly). I’m unsure whether his high press, attacking style will work with this squad, but it might be exciting to find out.

Plus the Wolves media team get to make some witty “new Bosz” pun. Win win.

Well if he went undefeated for 19 games in the Israeli league I'm in.

Sacked less than a fortnight ago for losing the dressing room and players "not understanding his instructions"- direct quote from Lacazette. Exactly what we need.

Well if he went undefeated for 19 games in the Israeli league I'm in.

Sacked less than a fortnight ago for losing the dressing room, exactly what we need. See Jinky, I can also Google 😉
Wasn't a lot of the fall out stuff caused by Lacazette who was also something of an arse at Arsenal?

If it is genuinely one of those 3 then I'd rather take a punt on one of the younger guys. Barry excites me more, but it could be an absolute car crash very quickly, so one hell of a risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back