• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would never have happened on Thelwell’s watch.

On the bright side, the anyone but Lage crowd finally got their anyone

Think that Jeff must have had a bet with the Tory party chair as to could bugger things up more effectively and he's on a good bonus if he wins.

Reckon that they are neck and neck at the moment & probably going to be a photo finish.

Brilliant! Till the end of the season, he can score goals, bring some fun stuff to the training ground.
Just long enough for him to score goals, (see that? SCORE GOALS) and at a price we could afford....
I'd go for it....

Massive day of upheaval of work and then I find out about this shit! This is an absolute shambles from the club, how on earth have we ended up in this situation? The club is run horrendously.

Resigned to us getting relegated now, Davis seems like a nice guy and I was very happy for him after beating Forest but he's not cut out to coach at this level. The club might argue that we can get a good candidate in the new year but by then what serious coach is going to come to us if we're mired in the relegation zone. Even assuming we do get someone good (e.g. Lopetegui) there's no guarantee they will have enough time to implement their ideas and actually pick up the points to keep us up. Even a so-called relegation firefighter such as Allardyce (not that I'd have him here) usually needs some time before the results stop being utter shit, his teams often went on terrible runs to begin. It can take time for managers to click, was discussing this with Dan on Saturday but it took Newcastle quite some time after sacking Bruce to pull themselves together and get the results to pull away from the relegation zone. When they got relegated in 2016 they were actually doing quite well under Benitez but had simply left it too late to keep them up. We could easily end up in the same situation.

658.0.0.png

Live footage of Mr. Shi.

Don't worry, just like all the up and coming coaches, he has his own tactics manual already published.

Screenshot_2022-10-20-20-30-23-655-edit_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Massive day of upheaval of work and then I find out about this shit! This is an absolute shambles from the club, how on earth have we ended up in this situation? The club is run horrendously.

Resigned to us getting relegated now, Davis seems like a nice guy and I was very happy for him after beating Forest but he's not cut out to coach at this level. The club might argue that we can get a good candidate in the new year but by then what serious coach is going to come to us if we're mired in the relegation zone. Even assuming we do get someone good (e.g. Lopetegui) there's no guarantee they will have enough time to implement their ideas and actually pick up the points to keep us up. Even a so-called relegation firefighter such as Allardyce (not that I'd have him here) usually needs some time before the results stop being utter shit, his teams often went on terrible runs to begin. It can take time for managers to click, was discussing this with Dan on Saturday but it took Newcastle quite some time after sacking Bruce to pull themselves together and get the results to pull away from the relegation zone. When they got relegated in 2016 they were actually doing quite well under Benitez but had simply left it too late to keep them up. We could easily end up in the same situation.

Really good post they’ll make the call when it’s too late but like shutting the gate after horse has bolted.
Seems like they’re treating relegation like a bump in the road as opposed to the catastrophic chain of events it can cause.
If we go down which I fully expect then I think next season will resemble more the 16/17 season as opposed to the 17/18 season.
Anyone thinking it’s a simple case of bringing in a few good players and it’ll be fine needs a dose of history and reality. Championship is like quick sand once it’s got hold of you it can be a nightmare to get out of.

Realistically are there likely to be any managers available at the start of the WC that are not available now? Or, to put it bluntly, is it a case that Lopetegui's dad might die and they can go back for him?

He's not coming to come with us firmly bottom 3

So no one in until 2023 means burning 6-7 games minimum.
Amazing how we’ve gone from Europa League QF to a championship return in the space of 2 and half years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back