• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

That’s a big company thing here - have a re-org, get people to reapply for ‘new’ jobs and mysteriously those with higher wages, longer term served don’t get them.

It's common in the third sector (ie when working for a charity). Effectively, most charitable organisations run on a yearly basis. They get funding from various sources, but this funding tends to be limited to a specific period.
I also spent years working in the third sector. I was quite lucky, as the main place I worked at had an element of stability. However prior to me starting there, it was apparently an annual thing for many years that the day everyone broke up for xmas, they'd be given their redundancy notices (3 months consultation takes you up to the end of the financial year...).
My wifes situ was one where funding was announced as ending, then kept getting extended for 12 months and she'd have to re-apply for her job. Although the funders did cut the number of posts a couple of times.

back on topic, sellers being fucking slow dispatching items, and/or being slow updating their systems.
Had an email for a delivery on 12 april saying it is being prepared to be dispatched and should be with me soon.
zero updates since then, and the online system still shows as the seller is preparing to package and send out the item.

Blocked drains. Had to have someone out today as ours was backed up thanks to Severn Trent doing something further along the road and not checking my property for blockages. Didn't realise until the guys were here that it should have been the water company's problem to sort out.

Blocked drains. Had to have someone out today as ours was backed up thanks to Severn Trent doing something further along the road and not checking my property for blockages. Didn't realise until the guys were here that it should have been the water company's problem to sort out.
Severn Trent are an absolute disgrace. Never had a single positive interaction with them.

At my old house they tried collectively billing the street for a burst pipe on no-one's property. I told them where to go. Wouldn't surprise me if they got a few hundred quid off the more suggestible residents though.

Normally like to stick up for the water companies, but yeah sod Severn Trent.

Edit - that said, blockages are their responsibility but not their fault. Stop puttting non-shit down sinks and toilets people.

Normally like to stick up for the water companies, but yeah sod Severn Trent.

Edit - that said, blockages are their responsibility but not their fault. Stop puttting non-shit down sinks and toilets people.
Yes my mum used to be an avid wet wipe user and chucked them all down the toilet until she had to pay £200 to unblock it all one day when it all backed up.

Same with fat and grease down your kitchen sink. Just clogs it all up eventually over time. I always wipe my frying pans with kitchen roll nowadays and bin it.

on the phone to the GP's t get some test results. At the time of typing this, I have been on hold for 20 mins. I have moved from no 10 in the q to no 6.
How did we get to a stage where our services are so inaccessible?

Yes my mum used to be an avid wet wipe user and chucked them all down the toilet until she had to pay £200 to unblock it all one day when it all backed up.

Same with fat and grease down your kitchen sink. Just clogs it all up eventually over time. I always wipe my frying pans with kitchen roll nowadays and bin it.
How many pans do you get through?

so to make matters worse, I got through after 47 mins. test results mainly clear, particularly the renal samples. However the doc needs to discuss my lipids with me (I probably have high cholesterol). OK, can you book me in? No, says the receptionist, you have to call at 8.15 in the morning to book such an appt....

Our practice was like this up till about 6 months ago when they introduced an app where you put in your symptoms or requirements. You either get a reply with suggestions or more usually within 30 minutes you get a either a call from the doc or an appointment for within a couple of hours.
I was sceptical initially but it's worked pretty well for ne and my missus.

Our surgery recently partnered with a group of surgeries in Wolverhampton, daughter called them recently and was offered a cancellation about 3/4 miles away, and had to be there in 20 minutes, she doesn't drive.

My dad has similar @pagey
He does drive however. Can never get in at his practice, but finds if you really push, you might get seen at another surgery.

Popped off to St Louis this morning for work
Got off the plane to a number of missed calls and texts from MrsUKY
Our house is kinda old, built in the 70's has original plumbing throughout the house and sewers. She called and said we had a leak in the basement.
Plumber just called and stated an $11k+ fix to re-plumb and replace all the cast iron piping in the house.

Got dragged around IKEA on the Pageys annual field trip today, got bored and started messing about a bit. Got a particular stern bollocking for hiding in a wardrobe, and when some one opened the door shouted "welcome to Narnia"

Anyway I'm on dinner duty and barred from ikea, happy fucking days.

Last edited:
Back