• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

And your wife believes that as an excuse to go see this other woman every time?
Unbelievable Jeff as Chris Kamara would say

And to cap it off, when I collected the item it was from a cosmetic company and had come from Holland.
THe postcode was correct but Meath was missing so, just another fuck up from the postman.
Which of course as you might have noticed my headphones are still out there...
Why is it that my address on the Amazon system includes the postcode and is perfect but they cant get that little bit of information onto an address label?
Meath was missing off the label but it had Mornington on it 3 times!!

Well the school was ace, I was really impressed and she’ll be taking the place. The fact those toilets even got spoken about let alone made the news is a fucking joke in itself. The shit the Heil posted about it was absolute fucking bollocks having seen it first hand. And the fact the local councillor has weighed in without even seeing them speaks volumes about that cunt and not the school. The staff at the school are absolutely gutted at the response and the press and I can see why.

Local MP:

"🚨 Walsall Academy Toilet Update 🚨

I’m delighted that following a meeting with lead parents and Walsall Academy, a positive outcome was achieved for everyone involved.

I am particularly pleased to hear there will be "no further changes to the other toilets in the building in the foreseeable future".

Well done to Alan and Kayleigh for championing this issue 💪"

What he basically means is:"I made a fuss without knowing the details, and now that I do everything is fine, as it would've been whether I was involved or not" FB_IMG_1683896113809.jpg

I don’t know why communications could or should have been better, they’ve basically made toilets like they already are in other schools, they’re definitely like them where my two go/went.
There’s nothing wrong with them at all, fuck Alan and Kayleigh and the cunt who thinks he’s “won”. It really is an absolute non issue.

Part of the narrative was that one girl developed a UTI because she couldn't go to the toilet. I don't see how that could have possibly happened given there were other toilets she could have used.

Communication could have been better if the MP had decided to speak to the school privately before going public. But he knew what he was doing, so that's why he didn't. Unfortunately this whole topic has become something that the govt use to divide people. I fully get the safety concerns but the way things like this get disingenuously portrayed doesn't do anyone nor the debate any favours whatsoever.

He's probably on the phone to Lee Hughes as we speak.

Adrian Chiles just walked into my local. My favourite place. My safe space. My haven.

I should probably just close the thread now.
I put myself through reading his articles in the Guardian. Last week he claimed that his ums and ers when broadcasting were deliberately done as some part of his charm. He’s knocked them on the head now though as he read a review of one of his shows, listened back to it and decided that hed gone too far with them.

Customer was a victim of a scam yesterday.

Goes like this:

Her friends Facebook was compromised. 'Friend' then starts sending messages out, have you heard about this bursary for retirees and pensioners to help with the cost of living from the Department of Human Services(?!) click this link! customer is then connected with the scammer who tells her she needs to pay into the scheme via gift cards (I know) to get the bursary. Tells her they raffle the gift cards and the entries are what allows them to release so much money to people.

Off she toddles to my store and spends £700 on gift cards. When she gets home her friend has put a status up saying to ignore any messages she might have sent and it starts go dawn on the customer that she's been done over.

Scammer initially wanted £1000 off her but settled for £700 when they found out she had £709 in her account and couldn't raise the other £300. She came back to us but gift cards are non-refundable and all I could really do was give her the details for Action Fraud.

I know there's holes in the scam left and right but when you've got a 'friend' saying 'worked for me' it blinds people to those holes more than it should.

Really annoyed at my colleague too, we're supposed to challenge high value gift card sales with a set script that nobody legitimate would ask for payment in gift cards etc but it's just been waved through.

is your colleague getting a bollocking for just waving that through or will it be a collective shrug of the shoulders and don’t do it again?

Electricity Supply Companies.
My current thief in control is Electricity Ireland.
I changed my metre from a standard rate to a Day/Night meter because I'd be charging my car after midnight.
Night rate is 21.55 c/unit
Day rate is 46.23 c/unit.
Standard rate is 43c/unit
When you're on the standard rate meter the standing charge is €302.
Now, my understanding of a 'Standing Charge' is what the supply company charge you for 'Bringing the electricity from the power station through the pylons, wires and poles through substations, underground, and into your home.
I get that.
I think it's on the high side seeing as EVERYONE is paying that... (Do the sums for your estate....), but when you change from a standard meter to a day / night meter they increase the charge to€396!!
FOR WHAT??
IT'S STILL THE SAME ELECTRICITY GOES THROUGH THE SAME FUCKING WIRES ETC!!!
So today a new supplier called offering exactly the same Day/Night rates PLUS €150 off your first monthly bill!
'And what's your standing charge?
'Well it goes up from €270 (Standard meter) to €370 on a day/night meter....
'Why? How do you justify the extra 100?'
'I'll ring my boss to find out...'
'BECAUSE EVBERYONE EL:SE DOES< SO WE DO IT. WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONES DOING IT!'
What sort of a reason is that?
That's just fucking gouging! And for that you're not gonna get my business! Be gone!!'

Fucking Gougers, the lot of them.
I'm incandescent!

Fucking software dev culture (or subsets of it).

Imagine being told that your superior being rude during review is a good thing because it means they're "just knowledgeable and passionate". My ass. They have fucking shit communication skills, end of.

Fucking software dev culture (or subsets of it).

Imagine being told that your superior being rude during review is a good thing because it means they're "just knowledgeable and passionate". My ass. They have fucking shit communication skills, end of.
Try working with a supplier base, who haven't been held accountable for the past 20 years and are now questioning every single email I send out regarding part quality issues...

Try working with a supplier base, who haven't been held accountable for the past 20 years and are now questioning every single email I send out regarding part quality issues...
I think I got a small taste of that in the service industry... Imagine it only gets worse as the dollar/pound amounts go up!

Back