• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

It’s taxed, if reported properly. Technically employers have the right to take any excess above minimum wage rate. Few go that far AFAIK.

Some places pool all tips and then divide them by labor hours. That’s how my old Starbucks handled it. Usually came out to an extra $0.70/hr. And our store was known for having good tips.

Did my head when we were in Orlando, I left it for Son to work and just asked him how much I had to cough up.
At the airport waiting for the flight home I was getting rid of some money I had left and bought some snacks, walked out of the snack bar/ cafe after paying and the person who served me came running after me as I hadn’t added the tip.

Did my head when we were in Orlando, I left it for Son to work and just asked him how much I had to cough up.
At the airport waiting for the flight home I was getting rid of some money I had left and bought some snacks, walked out of the snack bar/ cafe after paying and the person who served me came running after me as I hadn’t added the tip.
That’s a little wild. Hopefully they were at least polite, but…

It was pretty official for want of a better word as if to say, ‘we’ve got another Brit here that doesn’t understand what we do’.
As a slight aside, I got frisked on the way through customs, I think it was something to do with putting an empty holdall in my main suitcase, might of thought I was a mule.
Anyway a big Buzz Lightyear type customs cop says, Ah’m just gonna check your bowlocks sir’, still brings me a chuckle now.

Yeah I fully get the salary bit. Just having to think about a tip for a taxi, tip per drink, tip housekeeping, bell boy (and whatever else I’m missing) on top of the expected restaurant tip.

Going to Disney so already getting fleeced…

Pretty sure you’ll have an incredible time and Disney will make sure the tip situation doesn’t sour your enjoyment at all, they’ll just deliver a masterclass in fleecing but at least you won’t notice it!

In America in general though I found the tips very wearing. Eventually you feel you’re not paying the staff, rather you’re subsidising company profit and facilitating their opportunity to pay shit wages. Things like the add-ons (and ons, and ons) and relentless exploitation of opportunity becomes tiresome in the end too. I know everywhere does to degrees but the US takes it to another level.

I’m heading back to Alaska in July but I think after that it’ll be me done. I lived in LA for a year as a young guy late 80’s and loved it, but each time I go back it gives a bit but feels like it’s takes a lot more away. Could be part naivety of youth the first time and being somewhat jaded now, but the rotation from a place you were desperate to live to a place you are pleased you don’t is quite a transformation. I’m not sure if that says more about me or the darker side of the manifestation of capitalism, but there is a certain sadness about that either way to be honest.

Anyway, in terms of your holiday, don’t over-analyse it and concentrate on having have an amazing time. Disney will ensure it’s incredible and we work hard for these times, so, enjoy.

Not sure it's the right thread or even if I'm being irrational but mikael Arteta's allergy to the technical area really grates me for some reason.

Like I said I might be irrational, but surely if they have a rule in place then the fourth official should be warning him.

The Emirates technical area is on a massive slope whereas the touchline bit is pretty much flat. Emery is also standing outside of it too for that very reason I expect.

The Emirates technical area is on a massive slope whereas the touchline bit is pretty much flat. Emery is also standing outside of it too for that very reason I expect.

So rules dont need to be followed if the area doesnt suit then?

All the managers do it. I think there are for more problems with football that need addressing than first than one bloke standing slightly outside some painted lines.

I will concede that Arteta should likely have been warned at the very least for deliberately distracting Digne a few minutes ago whilst he was trying to take a throw in.

As Alan eluded to on the weather thread, it's kinda hot here...
Popped the window open at lunch whilst driving to get lunch,
Flipped the switch to auto wind it back up and it snapped off
Replacement on Amazon $20
Replacement at local car parts centre $128!

More layoffs!

How the fuck I continue to survive these is beyond me and I'm starting to get really fucking tired of feeling like any day could be the day that my pink slip arrives.

More layoffs!

How the fuck I continue to survive these is beyond me and I'm starting to get really fucking tired of feeling like any day could be the day that my pink slip arrives.
It's shit mate, had a few doses of that during my working days. Hope you survive.

As Alan eluded to on the weather thread, it's kinda hot here...
Popped the window open at lunch whilst driving to get lunch,
Flipped the switch to auto wind it back up and it snapped off
Replacement on Amazon $20
Replacement at local car parts centre $128!
istockphoto-1164622980-612x612.jpg

More layoffs!

Part of the reason the wife left her last place was the annual "reapply for your own jobs" dance. 4th year in a row & she'd had enough.

Part of the reason the wife left her last place was the annual "reapply for your own jobs" dance. 4th year in a row & she'd had enough.
Christ, we haven't sunk that low but it feels like it might be coming.

Well done her for standing up to that BS.

Back