• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 1 - Wolves 2 the daylight robbery match verdict thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect us to win every week but I do expect us to turn up as we are capable of giving the best a test when we do. What makes me rant is when we don't turn up against the sides who are struggling. Last year Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton this year Burnley at home, Southampton at home and for 45 minutes Norwich today. Anyone who has watched us this season would have rated our first half performance as as bad as any in the last two seasons. We sucked for 40 minutes. Now, you can't question the changes in the second half or the end result. Its some team who can turn that around. But we could do with a bit moire depth in that squad.

A fantastic turnaround today. A really good, gritty, determined second half performance. We took advantage of Norwich having to ease off after a frenetic first half, who at times looked knackered. And we used all our experience and know how, plus our superb fitness levels to grind that victory out. Kudos to this team and Nuno because I didn't see us winning that at all after the first 45 mins and how we defended (and yes it's ok to say so and be a bit down on our chances in the match thread FFS).

Patricio was brilliant. Kept us in the game and was easily MOTM.

Jonny, Moutinho and Raul were poor overall but hats off to how cool Raul was taking his goal. Classy finish giving the GK no chance.

Long away day, Norwich really is miles away from anywhere civilised!

The first half was rank, up there with some of out worst performances in the prem (under Nuno) but credit to Norwich, they pressed well and played balls straight through us. Fortunately they don't have any strikers of quality and we went into the 2nd half only a goal down.

2nd half we played further up the pitch and disrupted the Norwich press. Two nice goals, but goals I'd be fuming about if we'd conceded, and then a train journey home that took forever! On balance I think we pretty much deserved a draw as a minimum.

Rui MOTM, followed but Saiss.

I don't expect us to win every week but I do expect us to turn up as we are capable of giving the best a test when we do. What makes me rant is when we don't turn up against the sides who are struggling. Last year Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton this year Burnley at home, Southampton at home and for 45 minutes Norwich today. Anyone who has watched us this season would have rated our first half performance as as bad as any in the last two seasons. We sucked for 40 minutes. Now, you can't question the changes in the second half or the end result. Its some team who can turn that around. But we could do with a bit moire depth in that squad.

You should stop looking down your nose at Burnley who are only three points behind us. They might be ugly and Pulis lite but they're doing ok this season.

Simple fact is of the bottom five we're unbeaten having won 4 and drawn one.

Last year without doubt we were poor against the (former) teams you mention but our record speaks for itself this season. It wasn't pretty today but they got it done where last season they don't.

You should stop looking down your nose at Burnley who are only three points behind us. They might be ugly and Pulis lite but they're doing ok this season.

Simple fact is of the bottom five we're unbeaten having won 4 and drawn one.

Last year without doubt we were poor against the (former) teams you mention but our record speaks for itself this season. It wasn't pretty today but they got it done where last season they don't.

Not when we played Burnley, they were on a poor run and completely had the best of it against us. Same with Southampton. The difference this year is that we are coming back and getting this from games. It would be even better if we didn't keep conceding first. That's frustrating. For the first 40 minutes the team looked and played like they had just met each other for the first time. It was as bad as anything under Nuno. It was quite rightly pilloried and at half time some arses were kicked. The second half was a different story and even then we were not at our best.

Just to reinforce the facts under Nuno we have won 3 of 18 premier league games away against teams who start the day in the bottom three. So its right that some of us do get a bit twitchy.

Again, I agree. Last year we would have lost that game. A win is huge progress.

Fantastic result even if it sounds like we got out of jail.
As for the other thread, some of you are such a precious, entitled, bunch of tools.
From the these are shit, we'll smash 'em brigade before the game to the he's wank, he's shit, he's a cunt massive during it. A Venn diagram would show a massive overlap of the two. Feel free to read it back it's embarrassing

It's nowhere near as bad as what MolMix became. At least on here you have most people having a think about the football rather than a knee-jerk reaction every two minutes based on a misplaced pass or tackle. Why anybody would want to type that somebody is a cunt on a forum is beyond me though ... (Unless it's Trump!)

Not when we played Burnley, they were on a poor run and completely had the best of it against us. Same with Southampton. The difference this year is that we are coming back and getting this from games. It would be even better if we didn't keep conceding first. That's frustrating. For the first 40 minutes the team looked and played like they had just met each other for the first time. It was as bad as anything under Nuno. It was quite rightly pilloried and at half time some arses were kicked. The second half was a different story and even then we were not at our best.

Just to reinforce the facts under Nuno we have won 3 of 18 premier league games away against teams who start the day in the bottom three. So its right that some of us do get a bit twitchy.

I’m sorry but 18 teams in the bottom three away shows it is fluid. How about taking the FINAL bottom three for last season at least otherwise the stat is fucking pointless.

Plus what the hell has last season got to do with this season anyway? Not a fat lot.

We have played the bottom 5 teams once each. 4 wins one draw no defeats. So with respect, get rid of the bloody suspicious twitchiness which is a loads of bullshine.

I’m sorry but 18 teams in the bottom three away shows it is fluid. How about taking the FINAL bottom three for last season at least otherwise the stat is fucking pointless.

Plus what the hell has last season got to do with this season anyway? Not a fat lot.

We have played the bottom 5 teams once each. 4 wins one draw no defeats. So with respect, get rid of the bloody suspicious twitchiness which is a loads of bullshine.

Ummm

That stat was from the BBC and had fuck all to do with any superstition. Its a fact. But one you care to ignore .

We lost twice to Huddersfield and once at Cardiff BTW. So I remember it rather well!

This year we are so much more resilient. The best in the premier at taking points from losing positions I believe.

By fucking miles the best. We have also only dropped two points from a winning position, which I believe is only bettered by Liverpool.

A poor run :icon_lol:

It was the third game of the season and Burnley had won their opening game 3-0. Admittedly, losing away to Arsenal isn't a given anymore but it's hardly worth hitting the panic button!

I do agree we've got to stop giving teams a head start, Southampton offered nothing but capitalised on Vallejo being a bombscare and grabbed a draw, likewise Jota's silly pass at Newcastle played into their goal.

I do see where improvements are needed but you can also see progress on where we were last season that's the most important thing IMO.

Simple. Last season has no bearing on this season. We aren’t shit in November. We aren’t losing to all the bottom sides.

Simple. Last season has no bearing on this season. We aren’t shit in November. We aren’t losing to all the bottom sides.

Hence why the thread is closed. Read the posts before you comment me old.

Post 32 Norwich match day thread

Oh cyber. You’ve already been called out on most of your bullshit but I’ll say my bit anyway.

Burnley weren’t on a poor run, if anything we were on the poor run. They are also a solid team who play to their strengths. Unfortunately we were just starting our EL vs PL situation and Nuno tried to make a few changes. 3-5-2 was awful both offensively and was exposed defensively leaving Neves fighting for second balls against 4 players who are much better at fighting for second balls (this is burnley, this is his they play). Donk was rested for MGW so our hoof balls (how we were playing in 3-5-2) was ineffective, and when we did get the ball down we did nothing.

Against Southampton they parked the bus, we played 3-5-2 again with Raul and Cutrone (had Just picked up the result at City) but Nuno hadn’t worked out 3-5-2 wasn’t working for us yet. We created nothing but they were worse, sadly Bennett got injured and Jesus came on and tried to gift them a goal and eventually did. We fought back and avoided defeat. Something we weren’t doing last year. Last years results against the bottom sides is also irrelevant, same as the November bollocks is. Wins aren’t guaranteed in this league, Leicester drew at home to Norwich. A result that based on relativity to position is far worse than anything we’ve produced.

We started the season and made a few personnel and tactical errors, which saw us second bottom. But those mistakes have seen us learn from them and go on a run of 11 games unbeaten, qualify in Europe and be sitting comfortably 6th. So I think we will get over it.

Fantastic result, norwich are a much better team that the shits that have us trouble last year, ie. hiddersfield. Hope they can avoid relegation, I think we were very lucky pukki was not 100% from injury, he misssd a few sitters

Fantastic result, norwich are a much better team that the shits that have us trouble last year, ie. hiddersfield. Hope they can avoid relegation, I think we were very lucky pukki was not 100% from injury, he misssd a few sitters
He misses sitters most games but unlike a lot of teams in the bottom 5, he plays for a team that gives him 4 or 5 good chances a game

It's nowhere near as bad as what MolMix became. At least on here you have most people having a think about the football rather than a knee-jerk reaction every two minutes based on a misplaced pass or tackle. Why anybody would want to type that somebody is a cunt on a forum is beyond me though ... (Unless it's Trump!)

This 100% (although I can think of legitimate additions to the 'cunt list').

Hence why the thread is closed. Read the posts before you comment me old.

Post 32 Norwich match day thread

And yet you peddled it on here with the comment about the Burnley result which has been thoroughly debunked.

Anyway back on topic... was impressed with Saiss second half. He was shocking first half, but didn’t let it get to him and after a word from Nuno at half time seemed much more accomplished. Got forward well at times too. Mental that Lambert didn’t think he was good enough.

Saiss is such a great squad member. Just seems to get on with it whatever his job is

Anyway back on topic... was impressed with Saiss second half. He was shocking first half, but didn’t let it get to him and after a word from Nuno at half time seemed much more accomplished. Got forward well at times too. Mental that Lambert didn’t think he was good enough.

Ah the time he dropped him over Christmas as he was off to the ACON in January "I know what he can do, so pointless playing him now when he is away in 3 weeks"...seemed pointless playing him when he returned and he did he did odd things with him. The Rotherham game when he decided the tactic for the day was Saiss to split our centre backs and then launch 90 yars balls at Costa. If Rotherham had a decent forward they would have been 5 up at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back