• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Old Gold Glory Issue 3 - Available To Pre-Order

AckletonWolf

Reaction score
The team at Old Gold Glory are delighted to announce that issue 3 of their Wolves retro magazine is due for release on Saturday 21st February, 2014.

The Out Of Darkness Cometh Light issue focuses on the club’s decline and subsequent revival during the period 1979 to 1990.

OGG-issue3-cover-1200.jpg

In what is an exclusive interview for the publication, former Wolves manager Graham Turner reveals exactly how bad things were when he arrived at Molineux in November, 1986. Turner also reveals some of the changes he made and how the infamous training sessions on the North Bank car park begun.

Elsewhere, there are interviews with Steve Bull and Andy Mutch – the strike partnership that truly flourished under Turner’s guidance – former Wolves manager Graham Hawkins and former players Dean Edwards and Peter Zelem.

There are also columns written by Mel Eves, Martin Patching and Geoff Palmer, with further contributions from former Express & Star duo Steve Gordos and David Harrison, author Clive Corbett and Daily Mirror on-line journalist Alex Richards.

The magazine will be on-sale at Saturday’s home game against Rotherham United. Sellers will be positioned on Waterloo Road and in the Subway with a limited number of copies available at the collectors stand operated by Kelvin Weatherer.

You can also purchase your copy directly by visiting our website http://www.oldgoldglory.co.uk/ or by visiting Wolverhampton Books and Collectibles in Victoria Street in Wolverhampton city centre or the Collectors Centre near the Wolverhampton Indoor Market.

What you are doing with this is really impressive mate. All I can say is well fucking done. My hat is off to you for your efforts.

Indeed. As an overseas fan, I'm eager to pick up any programmes/fanzines that are available when I'm at Molineux, and since the demise of ALOB, it's good to see the void being filled by what looks to be a quality publication.

I wish you every success and look forward to reading it

Issue 3 is my favourite so far - some really interesting stuff on the darkest days of the club. It really is worth grabbing a copy if you haven't already.

Back