• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Neves must be wondering where his future lies. Once his wife has had their third kid soon he must really be thinking about the next step in his career.

So obviously he's telling them to do it, they are just not implementing it on the pitch. Unless Nuno is in midfield it's hard for him to take the blame.
It’s his job to get the players to do what he wants. No good throwing your hands up and saying, ‘Well I told them to do something different’.

Reading Timmy Spiers quotes from Nuno is interesting. Nuno knows what the issues are which is something I suppose

I have this sinking feeling I had with the Swansea 2-2 game when we should’ve sacked Mick.

I fear Nuno has run out of ideas and he’s just burnt out. He’s still a top class coach but maybe he’s just got to the end. No shame in that at all it happens to the greatest of people.

I mean, does he see it? The problem has been there for a year, and he's done nothing about it. If anything, made things worse. He even says right there that he was happy with that first half dross.

I read this comment as abdicating his responsibility in our performances and throwing the players under the bus. I don't see "seeing the problem".
I'm not having it. You think Nuno gets all the players together and say " Lads, just pass from side to side in midfield, then lose possesion so the opposition keep attcking us"? The players have a collective responsibility to actually pass the ball to each other and get it up the pitch to the front guys. They are not doing it. Nuno can't be held responsible for the abject failure of his midfield for playing utter shite.

After today I have no idea what our best formation is. We concede goals no matter which we play.

So for that reason we may as well give ourselves an extra attacker to try and actually score some goals.

Kilman doesn't deserved to be dropped as he was our best player other than maybe Jose today. So Boly/Kilman in a back four please, with Neto/Pod/Traore behind Jose.

That was poor.
The defence was not that bad, just one mistake.

Going forward was awful.
WJ was really good, and will surely Improve.
Pod, and Neto were poor
Traore was awful
Our Central midfield was none existent as an attacking force. Dendonker, and Mout are really struggling

I’m guessing Neves is being saved for midweek and Moutinho will be on the bench. The current set up just isn’t working and needs recalibrating. Only positive is that Willian will have a few more days to settle in.

Reading Timmy Spiers quotes from Nuno is interesting. Nuno knows what the issues are which is something I suppose
We all know what the issues are, that isn’t hard, he needs to correct them.

Not many managers survive 1 win in 10 and almost no manager survives no wins in 10 and if he fails to win his next 2 games that will be the position Nuno finds himself in.

I don’t think Fosun will find that acceptable,

It’s his job to get the players to do what he wants. No good throwing your hands up and saying, ‘Well I told them to do something different’.
It is, but his players are doing something different. Their confidence is shot, and they look beaten as soon as they concede a goal. I have no idea why, and if they don't kick that beaten feeling we have a long hard road ahead.

But again, with no striker and no offense no coach could save us now
I have been saying spending all that money on Silva would kill us, and now it has. And he is Nuno’s pick the bright hope, when you blow a pick like that it usually coasts you your job
Shut up, you ninny.

After today I have no idea what our best formation is. We concede goals no matter which we play.

So for that reason we may as well give ourselves an extra attacker to try and actually score some goals.

Kilman doesn't deserved to be dropped as he was our best player other than maybe Jose today. So Boly/Kilman in a back four please, with Neto/Pod/Traore behind Jose.
At least with another midfielder in front of them rather than Coady behind them the midfield will have better options when in possession.

Its clear that Donk and Podence are not up to speed since their injuries, Jose gives me some hope, but he will need better servi
Will the team listen to him though ?
I’m not sure how much he coaches them I think the problem is that Ian Cathro takes the training and does the tactics, he’s like some evil magician with a spell over Nuno, Cathro has no rapport with players wherever he’s been, he’s a laughing stock Terry O’Connor without the charm

Ruddy
Hoever Boly Kilman Semedo
Neves Donck
Neto Otasowie Podence
Willian

That's where I'd be now

I’m not sure how much he coaches them I think the problem is that Ian Cathro takes the training and does the tactics, he’s like some evil magician with a spell over Nuno, Cathro has no rapport with players wherever he’s been, he’s a laughing stock Terry O’Connor without the charm
Don’t think any of that is true is it?

All I know is, that after the next four games from we could be 18th on the table the way we are playing now.

All I know is, that after the next four games from we could be 18th on the table the way we are playing now.
So Fulham who have won 2 games all season are going to win at least three and draw the other of their next four? Right...

Ruddy
Hoever Boly Kilman Semedo
Neves Donck
Neto Otasowie Podence
Willian

That's where I'd be now
Not sure Ruddy would make any difference, Otasowie where you have Donk (no idea why you think he deserves to keep his place when Rui doesn’t) and Vitinha in the middle of the 3

Back