• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

I really don't understand why football fans are so impatient (including me sometimes) we really need to give Lambert at least till the end of the season before panicing. He's had hardly any time and yes I know its the same time that Zenga had but the team seems much better balanced and organized than under Zenga. Let him check out what he's got, how they fit into what he wants to do and then if there's no improvement by Xmas, then sack his arse.

We just don't have the players to make that system work Fred. Our full backs are too weak and our central midfielders aren't good enough on the ball or with enough mobility to play in the front 2. Coupled with the fact neither Dicko or Bod are a target man we'd be in all sorts of trouble

For me this is spot on and it worries me if Paul Lambert cannot see this. Does he realise that if we are to make a serious promotion push next season then wholesale changes must be made throughout the team. Brighton look like the finished article this season but even that has been 4-5 years in the making. We are nowhere near where Brighton are and I think Lambert is going to need at least three seasons to clear the dead wood (and there is so much of that) and then build his own team.

Every season we always seem to be saying, don't worry, we will do it next season, but it takes time and Quality players don't usually come cheap.

How many of our players would Brighton have wanted to sign during pre-season ?

Lambert is better than Zenga as there is some organisation as well as a semblance of tactics.

Has he convinced me that he is the real deal - not completely, but its better than it was (even if we are no further up the league table yet)

Back