• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Post Covid football attendance

My belief is that it would not stop me from going anywhere.
I am a very fit, healthy 56 year old , I dont live with anyone at risk.

I would not visit either of my parents who are at risk in the case of my Father, extremely at risk.

I would stay away from someone who is at Risk, so can understand Parkin's perspective, but with 0 underlying health issues, with good lung function I would not stop going anywhere that was open.

You realise it's not about you? It's about everybody else, you only need one infected person to infect you and you take it back to Spain or wherever and infect a shit load of others.

You realise it's not about you? It's about everybody else, you only need one infected person to infect you and you take it back to Spain or wherever and infect a shit load of others.
It's amazing how people still need this explained to them after so long.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I would not visit either of my parents who are at risk in the case of my Father, extremely at risk.

I would stay away from someone who is at Risk, so can understand Parkin's perspective, but with 0 underlying health issues, with good lung function I would not stop going anywhere that was open.

Darwinism is action, ladies and gents.

tenor.gif

So what happens if everyone thinks like this GW.....?

It's amazing how people still need this explained to them after so long.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It's incredible. My first thought is 'what is wrong with them?'

I rather suspect that my mate who died from c-19 a couple of weeks ago might have thought similar.

You may not be visiting vulnerable older relatives, but not all vulnerable people are over a particular age. Deaths have unfortunately happened in younger people (& considerably younger in some cases & you will come across them & may yourself be infected without any symptoms and gaily passing it on). This disease doesn't discriminate.

Whilst I am (just) into the age range mentioned I am fit with no underlying health conditions & consider that I am intelligent enough to consider the risk factor for myself. Not sure how they would police it anyway (unless they are going to force us to wear a badge, which has very sinister connotations, or date stamping our DoB on our foreheads!). Would like to think that unless you know my age I can still get away with being a few years under anyway.

Would it be acceptable to insist that all BAME individuals continue to isolate seeing as there is data indicating that they are more vulnerable at whatever age (reasons not yet clear) or is that an 'ism' that is beyond the pale - is ageism any more acceptable.

Agree with others that the decision won't have to be made now as unlikely that any of us will have the opportunity for some months. When the time comes I will decide based on the scientific evidence then & my own common sense.

Wow few people jumping on GlasgowWolfs post, was he/she not just answering the initial question of how will you will react personally once 'covid is over'? Not sure what you'd consider 'over' but imagine the original poster meant that it had got to the stage where there were no restrictions from government.

Based on that I'd be the same as Glasgowolf (at that stage) its never going to completely disappear (just like other viruses haven't) its just a case of getting to the stage where its a minimal risk.

We're sadly far from that stage yet though.

If matches go ahead behind closed doors, we'll have to set up on MS Teams or something like to watch it.

I think this season is a write-off in terms of attendance, but August/September onwards there'll be something in place. Maybe proof of being tested within 5 days prior to kickoff. Smarter folk than I are on the case.

That's actually a great idea. Would be a proper laugh to have 20 of us dialled in watching a game

Wow few people jumping on GlasgowWolfs post, was he/she not just answering the initial question of how will you will react personally once 'covid is over'? Not sure what you'd consider 'over' but imagine the original poster meant that it had got to the stage where there were no restrictions from government.

Based on that I'd be the same as Glasgowolf (at that stage) its never going to completely disappear (just like other viruses haven't) its just a case of getting to the stage where its a minimal risk.

I wasn't trying to jump on GW's post - more that there are suggestions that release of lockdown could be age related which cannot be acceptable. Even if you are younger (& aren't intending to visit elderley or vulnerable relatives) there will still be a risk to the whole population until a competant vaccine is mass produced & delivered.

Most of us are able to take sensible decisions as long as we have accurate information to base that on. However we all know that there is an element of the population that has no sense whatsoever.

The whole point is, death rate is not really known, the death rate for COVID-19 without underlying health issues is much the same as Flu.
I have adhered to everything the Gov said and will continue to do so.
I will not go into hibernation in case someone gets infected

Fuck me I'll not leave the house now as joe Bloggs got killed in a bike accident.
Deaths from Covid-19 28,000
Now if someone had an Heart Attack, but post mortem showed COVID-19 present, it's listed as COVID-19
if some one drowns at the minute and COVID-19 is present it's counted

when you actually look at the figures you only need the Virus to be present for it to be counted.

Once the restrictions are lifted I will not change my life I will go to concerts, public transport, stadiums, bars I am not stopping living just so stay alive.

No one outside the government actually know the truth.
How many people have killed themselves through mental illness of being stuck in the house?

We have to just accept what we are being told.

The question which I answered was would you go to a match ETC, the answer is once restrictions have been lifted, and gatherings are allowed yes no problem I am not fucking worrying about something with a death rate of around 4% even less without underlying health issues.

Sorry if you lot are bothered by that is your problem.

I have told my parents they are still not to leave the house, even when restrictions are lifted.

2 years ago today I lost my Father In Law, the last 2 years has flown by life is too short to fucking worry about something that may or may not kill you.

50,000 died in March 2019, average of 25,000
Week to march 20th 10,465, was actually only 374 deaths down on the same week last year.

That'll teach you

Somebody get that man a bat sandwich so he can prove he doesn't care.

The whole point is, death rate is not really known, the death rate for COVID-19 without underlying health issues is much the same as Flu.

Fuck me I'll not leave the house now as joe Bloggs got killed in a bike accident.
Now if someone had an Heart Attack, but post mortem showed COVID-19 present, it's listed as COVID-19

when you actually look at the figures you only need the Virus to be present for it to be counted.

Once the restrictions are lifted I will not change my life I will go to concerts, public transport, stadiums, bars I am not stopping living just so stay alive.

How many people have killed themselves through mental illness of being stuck in the house?

The question which I answered was would you go to a match ETC, the answer is once restrictions have been lifted, and gatherings are allowed yes no problem I am not fucking worrying about something with a death rate of around 4% even less without underlying health issues.

I have told my parents they are still not to leave the house, even when restrictions are lifted.

2 years ago today I lost my Father In Law, the last 2 years has flown by life is too short to fucking worry about something that may or may not kill you.

Week to march 20th 10,465, was actually only 374 deaths down on the same week last year.

Great. Go and infect loads of others then you selfish twat.

Hold on. Stripping away the crap all he has done is say as soon as he is told its safe to do things like attend games he will. Isnt that what everyone will do? Am I a selfish twat because as soon as I am told its safe I am taking the holiday I will be missing out on next month.

Are we are saying that's it now. Regardless of advice not going out, avoiding people and work until death?

Like we said a couple of weeks back - we knew that at least something was on the cards at the Brighton game. We all went, we all sat in the pub, went to the bar (although I try to send people on my behalf if I can). I would 100% have gone to Olympiacos at home if there were nothing preventing me from doing so.

Hold on. Stripping away the crap all he has done is say as soon as he is told its safe to do things like attend games he will. Isnt that what everyone will do? Am I a selfish twat because as soon as I am told its safe I am taking the holiday I will be missing out on next month.

Are we are saying that's it now. Regardless of advice not going out, avoiding people and work until death?

Well, you're certainly not selfish.

I've got a big ol' laundry list of places to go as soon as it's safe. A holiday with a pool with one of those bars in is on the list, coz I'm classy like that.

No I fully agree with you re living your life once all restrictions are lifted (think that's the key), You're right life is too short to worry about something that may or not kill you but it has to be a balancing act at the moment sadly we do need to put life on hold to an extent in an attempt to guarantee we and others around us have life to restart when the situation is better.

I get you argument and in say 2 months time hopefully when the numbers (cases & deaths) have been driven right down then I'm sure many more would agree with you.

Can't agree with the conspiracy theory type stuff re how deaths are counted though. From personal experience I know of someone who went into hospital with suspected Covid 19, he died before the postivie test result came back so any mention of Covid 19 was excluded from the death certificate.....so you could suspect the figures could be even higher.

I wouldn't allow this 'underlying health issues' to act as some sort of reason to not take it seriously. Realistically a lot of us may have underlying health issues that we're not even aware of nobody has really specified what they mean by that term and I believe it was something thrown in to try and avoid public panic to an extent. Especially when the government were still pressing with their herd immunity plan.

As for not worrying about it, then sorry but your're very very silly not to worry about it at this present time. If what you mean is will you worry about it enough to stop you living your normal life once it is possible to do so and then your answer is no.....I can kind of agree with that. Like I've said though we're far from that yet lets see when we get there.

Back