• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-season friendly thread

Not sure you’re allowed to say these things without being called out on them… or maybe you are ;)
It's an extension of what I've been saying since he took over (and with the very thin evidence we had to go on), he has a preferred shape and we unequivocally cannot play it without a massive squad overhaul, we're deficient in basically all the key areas.

How we're set up like that off our corner is like something off the park, awful.

We really don’t. And it’s a pre season game two days after our second friendly ffs!
We look very poor defensively, not sure how anyone could argue otherwise, both of those goals were amateur defensively.

We really don’t. And it’s a pre season game two days after our second friendly ffs!
We do though, we've not looked good at all.

Not sure performances or results are that important though as it's a fitness exercise but if he wants to play this way we need about 4 new players for the 11 as we don't have the personnel to play like this

We haven't really looked threatening in any of the games so far.

I'm not at all convinced yet

It's an extension of what I've been saying since he took over (and with the very thin evidence we had to go on), he has a preferred shape and we unequivocally cannot play it without a massive squad overhaul, we're deficient in basically all the key areas.

How we're set up like that off our corner is like something off the park, awful.

Behave mate… you can’t use our third friendly to try and prove a point.

Ok, how should we set up then? with these players that are on the pitch? 5-3-1-1

We do look shit. We're not keeping the ball, we've offered no threat in behind, there's scarcely any link ups anywhere over the pitch, we've got a midfield two that aren't suited to those roles in the slightest in this formation, we haven't had a shot and both their goals were a shambles defensively.

There's nothing positive to pick out of that first half, bar a couple of nice moments from Mosquera (but the first goal is probably his fault).

We haven't really looked threatening in any of the games so far.

I'm not at all convinced yet
This is the bit I am more bothered about, tbf. I think the general organisation out of possession has been fine. I quite like the way we press. It’s going to go wrong initially at times, especially in a friendly two days after the previous one

In possession we produce some nice patterns but without being quite aggressive or direct enough.

Would like to see a bit more from Trincao. Obviously it’s very, very early days - but can’t say he seems to excel at anything just yet? Doesn’t seem blessed with loads of pace, delivery hasn’t been great, doesn’t look like scoring… here’s hoping he improves rapidly.

As per a couple of pages ago - we desperately need more signings for the first team ASAP.

I think Neves has his alice band on too tight.

Have they changed the ball again, as Semedo has had more success in hitting the coach behind the coach than hitting his target.

Nothing new here. You want to play Bruno's way you have to have the players to do it. We don't, so we either sign them, he adapts, or he goes the way of Stale

Nothing new here. You want to play Bruno's way you have to have the players to do it. We don't, so we either sign them, he adapts, or he goes the way of Stale
we need some thrreat at the other side..like netom pod and adama(hope we dont sell him) Raul can always do something himself too

Surely part of pre-season is getting a feel for the players you have too - who can play it, who can’t, so on. We all know we need new players, but it isn’t the time to write off the system when we’ve played it for three games…

we need some thrreat at the other side..like netom pod and adama(hope we dont sell him) Raul can always do something himself too
It's not the top 1/3 of the pitch which will be the problem

Back