• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-season friendly thread

Found a stream - with commentary in Portuguese - so we must still be selling millions of shirts over there. ;)

Pitch looks the wrong way round - wider than it is long.

Perry has been decent

Gorgeous ball by MGW for Cutrone who was unlucky not to score

Liking the high pressure and neat interplay

Not liking how vulnerable we will be when we lose possession playing this way
My thoughts exactly.
Coady and Kilman need to be upgraded if we are going to play such a pressing game

Found a stream - with commentary in Portuguese - so we must still be selling millions of shirts over there. ;)

Pitch looks the wrong way round - wider than it is long.
haha, you are right about that..almost like a square pitch

It's not really about the performance or the result at this stage, but that you can see what we're trying to achieve in terms of shape, movement and patterns for me. There's probably only 3/4 players starting in the positions we can expect come the start of the season so it's going to look disjointed, but I think we're going to like the approach to games, particularly with a couple of key signings still to come

Usual pre season stuff but it's interesting to see how we're setting up. Getting plenty of players in forward positions which means we've been open to a counter when we lose it and without it we're pressing very high, when it comes off we look a threat but have looked vulnerable to the ball over the top, particularly over Hoever.

There's been little sparks from all the forward players but it's not quite come off with the final ball until MGW put Cutrone through.

Will be interesting to see if this is how we're going to set up in the Premier League because it's definitely positive attacking football that should see plenty of goals but i'm not sure we have the centre mids/centre backs for it and i include Boly in that.

I echo your thoughts Del. With correct recruitment this could be very exciting.

And also 'stealing from the club' :lol:

A: they'll be OK without a couple of grand.
B: I'm technically stealing from "SPORT TV5" and I'm pretty comfortable with that. Pirating doesn't fund terrorism anymore AFAIK
C: They make and take plenty of money from all of us

Cutrone close again after good play

what type of goal is that?

and we have the kids playing so...but its just pre-season

He's not got round to defensive at pieces yet, clearly...

1. 0 Crewe. For those wanting last seasons Nuno nostalgia we still can’t defend corners 🤣🤣

fucking lucky back heel though

Everyone switched off there but surprised the flag didn't go up as it looked a couple of yards offside and even the lad that scored looked close to being offside from the cross.

Back