• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 0-0 Verdict Thread

Mason unwell apparently. Should have won Henry like a rabbit trapped in the headlights. Siggy decent, cack football not much else to say.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

In theory I think our lineup today could represent a decent future, Doherty aside. However it seems that none of the players have any desire to compete. This is, of course, entirely unacceptable and must fall at KJ's feet. A huge facet of his position is player motivation. Unfortunately, the players, like most of us, appear to be all too aware that Jackett has abandoned any philosophy that might bring winning football.

Graham on the left Mason for Coady with Saville dropping deeper and Williamson in for EEL (close though Baath hardly dominant at the moment) and we will be half decent at this level.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Just walked past Matt Doherty in Reading train station, the thick prick tried to get in a closed WH Smith

Always thought they travelled in a team coach.

From the highlights on sky Siggy looked decent again and i have no idea what Henry was doing with the goal at his mercy, took forever.

Of their fading top-six hopes, Jackett said: "It's a big call, we need a really good run, but we're close to being a very good side.

What the actual fuck? Where's the signs that we are close to being anywhere near very good.

If we need a really good run then why have we played the way we have in the last three games?

Jackett said: "It's a big call, we need a really good run, but we're close to being a very good side.

What the actual fuck? Where's the signs that we are close to being anywhere near very good.

Just missing the manager to lead them now

He's on my train, I think he could see the disgust on my face as he walked past :icon_lol: got on a different carriage anyway. His mere presence on this train is making me feel a bit sick.

He's at the train station 40 minutes after a game has finished, how has he had time to be debriefed, warm down and get to the station in that time?

Shockingly bad, as expected. As Penk has said, it's not even the result. But the way we set our team up, the players who are picked and our approach in the game. What is most disturbing is that when we win the ball the players haven't a clue what to do with it. We fumble about a few passes, play it to Batth and Ikeme and HOOF, up the field it goes. It's startling - at a set piece the team looks amongst each other. What do we do now? There is a confusion of who takes it, should it go short? Who goes up the field? I just have to laugh because otherwise I'd cry.

Siggy, impressive. Spent most of the game having no team mates within a 30 yes radius but he worked bloody hard. When he was able to get the ball down, it had to be an individual bit of skill to buy himself time. In the second half he grew in confidence and began to run at the Reading defenders, moving us up the field. A great block by Paul McShane stopped what would have been a fantastic goal.

Saville was dirt. Shocking body language, horrible late tackles. Gave the ball away so many times not knowing a player was closing him down or carelessly passing in the middle of the pitch. If you asked me to describe him as a player I'd have no idea what to say. Coady and McDonald were just as bad, Coady's technique was woeful and a couple of good passes aside McDonald just failed to get a grip on the midfield. Surrounding by players who create space and can keep the ball under pressure he thrives but he's not the type to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

EEL is pretty shit, but his attitude is good and he played quite well after a slow start. He gets dragged out too easily but largely it's because he is covering Doherty. Batth meanwhile just lumbers about, has no direction to anything he is doing, finds himself miles apart from his team mates. Rubbish. Iorfa is short on confidence but was solid enough.

Only sub from KJ came with twelve minutes left. Byrne was an immediate improvement on van la Parra who tried but nothing came off. It could quite easily have been Henry, who missed a complete open goal. Once again it was a case of a team being there for the taking but Jackett was too scared to go for it.

Siggy. - MOTM

We do have a pretty decent squad, just not a good side.

Next season, a three of Graham, Mason (or Wallace), and Zyro behind Dicko should be fast, creative, technically proficient, and exciting to watch, once they're all fit. Give McDonald the right partner as well (not Coady, clearly), and then get the defence right, and I can see us doing really well next season.

Just not with this manager.

I wonder just how much the injuries to the likes of Dicko and Graham have affected things. Having key players missing long term would disrupt most teams.

Good to hear Siggy has got some form but perhaps he's playing for his next contract. Generally KJ has done the right thing given we have a 'relegation defence' because we could have easily dropped. Unwilling to play two out and out strikers though. Strange one that as despite injuries for me he is not making the best of what he's got.

Of their fading top-six hopes, Jackett said: "It's a big call, we need a really good run, but we're close to being a very good side.

What the actual $#@!? Where's the signs that we are close to being anywhere near very good.
Perhaps not playing for a 0 0 draw with the outside change of nicking a goal from a set piece isn't the way forward then Ken?

Back