• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading Build-Up

Not sure why Afobe should be the one pushed out to the right when Dicko's the one who spent most of his career playing as a right winger before Rotherham moved him up front...

I would start with Afobe upfront, think Nouha has been playing with a little strain in his back and surely the purpose of buying Afobe was to give us a similar option to Dicko up front?

I would start with Afobe upfront, think Nouha has been playing with a little strain in his back and surely the purpose of buying Afobe was to give us a similar option to Dicko up front?

Absolutely

It'll be Kuszczak in goal - Nash says Ikeme has a broken metatarsal, will be out for 6-8 weeks.

Bugger. Thank fuck we have Kuszczak.

Disappointing news about Ikeme but we have a very good replacement - better than quite a few back up keepers in the PL. McCarey apparently now fit too so presumably he will go on the bench.

Or Flatt who has at least gone out and had some first team experience.

A shame for Ikeme, and I think that is 3 seasons running he has broken a bone while first choice?

Is Sako back yet and is he fit? I saw the comment regarding him being strapped up in his last ACON match and I have seen no mention yet that he is back at the club and training.

Yeah, he's back and Ken has confirmed he is over his knee issue.

Disappointing news about Ikeme but we have a very good replacement - better than quite a few back up keepers in the PL. McCarey apparently now fit too so presumably he will go on the bench.
I would have thought McCarey will play at Nuneaton instead to get him some game time.

Wolves ticket office just called me to tell me that I have over £5 ticket cash and I could have a free ticket for the match if I used it...even said "I know you live in Derby so may not be practical". I'm going away for a week for half term which is why I'd not used it in the first place, but I thought that was very good PR

Or Flatt who has at least gone out and had some first team experience.

A shame for Ikeme, and I think that is 3 seasons running he has broken a bone while first choice?

And only one of them was his own fault!

Wolves ticket office just called me to tell me that I have over £5 ticket cash and I could have a free ticket for the match if I used it...even said "I know you live in Derby so may not be practical". I'm going away for a week for half term which is why I'd not used it in the first place, but I thought that was very good PR

Good for them - wonder whether they would have done for me this far out (didn't need to as have made use of the deal & am up for this weekend)

It'll be Kuszczak in goal - Nash says Ikeme has a broken metatarsal, will be out for 6-8 weeks.

that was a quick edit on wikipedia

Wolverhampton Wanderers[edit]
On 3 November 2014 he signed a short-term contract with Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers to last until January 2015, having spent the previous week training with them. This arrangement has been extended until the end of the 2014/15 season. Following an injury to Carl Ikeme, Kuszczak made his Championship debut for Wolves against Reading on 7th February 2015.[21][22]

Someone posted from the future?!

It's early days yet for Afobe, but he seems to have very similar attributes to Dicko.

It was notable against Bolton how deep both of these players came to challenge for, and collect the ball, and makes me wonder whether this is a tactic KJ will employ in future and replace Edwards with Sako in the team.

With him on the left and VLP on the right and Dicko and Afobe swapping the No. 9 and 10 role between them, and KJ continuing with Price in the deeper role behind McDonald. Certainly worth pursuing at home games IMO.

I like what I've seen of Afobe, but not convinced yet about playing both him and Dicko at the same time. He looks better in the middle than wide.

Just as a heads up, I'm in England this weekend and now due to a change in circumstances, I've managed to become available for the game and I've been given a ticket for the game!!
Fantastic!

So Mr Parkin, you have total control....
Facts pouring out of your fingertips, perfectly unhindered by bullshit!

Just as a heads up, I'm in England this weekend and now due to a change in circumstances, I've managed to become available for the game and I've been given a ticket for the game!!
Fantastic!

So Mr Parkin, you have total control....
Facts pouring out of your fingertips, perfectly unhindered by bullshit
!

And only one of them was his own fault!

Good for them - wonder whether they would have done for me this far out (didn't need to as have made use of the deal & am up for this weekend)

Mr Parkin is at the game too.

Back