• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relight my fire!

Hexham Wolf

Reaction score
First post in my new guise, previously was registered as PDJ Wolf.

Both myself and my fellow Wolf Forum poster and brother Toon Wolf have taken an extended break from posting on here, though we have been watching and reading from afar. It's fair to say we have been over the past couple of years feeling our passion and love drain away for the club due to what we had seen as pretty turgid football on the pitch and a complete lack of drive and ambition off it.

It was hard not to feel why bother making the effort to make an 8 hour round trip at great expense to watch a team that was mediocre and put our hard earned cash into the pockets of the people who were happy to aspire to nothing more than average. What the previous regime did was create an feeling of indifference by many many people because they pretty much eliminated the main aphrodisiacs for any fan hope and ambition.

Hence, with the takeover by Fosun and the subsequent flurry of signings what this has done for me and possibly many of the huge numbers of Wolves fans who don't live on the doorstep I believe, is to once more raise our hopes and to rekindle our interest in the club. This group of fans is a large one and what is happening now can start to make us feel like we will see some good entertaining football, where we have a chance of winning, but that we as a club want to be the best we can be and make it us believe again with the knock effect of gates getting better.

I for one am looking forward to the new era and whilst I don't know the end destination I am already enjoying the journey so far.

First post in my new guise, previously was registered as PDJ Wolf.

Both myself and my fellow Wolf Forum poster and brother Toon Wolf have taken an extended break from posting on here, though we have been watching and reading from afar. It's fair to say we have been over the past couple of years feeling our passion and love drain away for the club due to what we had seen as pretty turgid football on the pitch and a complete lack of drive and ambition off it.

It was hard not to feel why bother making the effort to make an 8 hour round trip at great expense to watch a team that was mediocre and put our hard earned cash into the pockets of the people who were happy to aspire to nothing more than average. What the previous regime did was create an feeling of indifference by many many people because they pretty much eliminated the main aphrodisiacs for any fan hope and ambition.

Hence, with the takeover by Fosun and the subsequent flurry of signings what this has done for me and possibly many of the huge numbers of Wolves fans who don't live on the doorstep I believe, is to once more raise our hopes and to rekindle our interest in the club. This group of fans is a large one and what is happening now can start to make us feel like we will see some good entertaining football, where we have a chance of winning, but that we as a club want to be the best we can be and make it us believe again with the knock effect of gates getting better.

I for one am looking forward to the new era and whilst I don't know the end destination I am already enjoying the journey so far.

Always good to have another Northern Wolf!

this season has been very different to the last one, seems to be a bond reforming between the fans and the players and there is generally a bit more effort from the team (Huddersfield aside!)

Welcome back to the forum

Last edited:
Take that moaners. Good to see you get to g some enthusiasm back. Certainly feels different at the club to last season and I expect to see 90 minute performances once the new players are fully fit. Then we might have a real team.

Back