• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RIP Sammy Chung

GLASGOWOLF

You OK Hun?
Reaction score
I remember him very well.
1st as Coach to Bill Mcgarry, then as Mánager in his own right and getting us promoted, memory is a bit off but must have been 76 por 77.

Sammy Chungs Golden Wanderers

May you rest in Peace Sammy, enjoy your beers with Bill, Billy and all the departed Wolves Family

Yeah, 1976/77 season. Won the 2nd Division in our Centenary year.

Really sad news. RIP Sammy

RIP. I remember golden wanderers but also seem to recall ‘sammy Chung transformed the wanderers’ but I might have made that up.

I can recall him pictured in shoot magazine with a 3D model of the full stadium plan of which only one stand got built of course. I could be misremembering though.

I have a dim light coming on regarding an incident very shortly after he took over.
Apparently during a team meeting I think Kenny Hibbitt (might be wrong) mentioned something critical about the way that his predecessor had gone about his 'people handling' and I think Sammy gave him a bollocking and dropped him for the next game.
"Did you ever mention this to him?"
"No, I didn't"
"Well you should have done. How can we get better if you don't voice your thoughts".
Something along those lines....
Anyone remember that?

I remember Sammy mainly as Bill McGarry’s number two, but I acknowledge that does him a dis-service as he was his own man, and did well as manager in his own right.
One of the relatively unsung heroes of our club.
RIP Sammy.

RIP Sammy Chung
was at a time before the ground was half closed smell of pies and fags filled the air. In the ground for what seemed like hours before kick off.I used to love them night matches when you’re 13 I’ve never felt the magic of it all since then. still love it mind despite the so called entertainment

RIP. Met Sammy as a kid in the mid-90's played in a summer holidays camp thing at Valley Park school and he and Wayne Clarke were both were involved.

Didn’t Sammy start as the trainer (running on with the magic sponge)?

Anyhow - forever associated in my mind with 1970s molineux and the air-raid shelter sign in the south bank.

RIP sammy

No.2 to Mcgarry
He was, but I don't recall anyone else being in the dugout. That's more likely my memory than fact, though.

We always used to sing 'Chung the foreman ...' whenever we heard 'Drive-In Saturday'. RIP, Sammy.

Back