• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rob Edwards Promotion

Good stuff, he's done a good job with the kids, hope it paves the way for some more of our youth to break through to the first team.

when he joined , I did wonder whether he might be seen as a future head coach. I think if he continues to progress as a coach he has a chance.

Hopefully we get another good u18s coach in

Excellent! He's obviously made a good impression with the u18s.

Imagine he'll mainly be focusing on the defensive side of things the way Sam Ricketts was towards the end of last season?

that's what he was doing when Ricketts went out on loan.

I did always feel that with just KJ and Gallen we were a bit light coaching wise

Seems to be making a good impact - promising news!

Nashy can't keep away with his little digs can he

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 1m1 minute ago
Interesting decision to appoint the highly-rated Rob Edwards to the #Wolves first-team coaching staff ahead of U21s coach Scott Sellars.

Fuck off and concentrate on the Pies at Shrewsbury.

Well Done Rob! Could've moped after being forced to retire but instead forging himself a good career out and obviously highly thought of by KJ.

Nashy can't keep away with his little digs can he

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 1m1 minute ago
Interesting decision to appoint the highly-rated Rob Edwards to the #Wolves first-team coaching staff ahead of U21s coach Scott Sellars.

Fuck off and concentrate on the Pies at Shrewsbury.

Let's just ignore the fact that Sellars has no real wish to move away from the Academy side of things and has said as much in the past.

Would Rob Edwards at Academy level for ten or more years be of more value than working with the first team, thats the conundrum for me.

If he has ambitions to be a manager one day then he wouldn't hang around at Academy level for that long.

If he has ambitions to be a manager one day then he wouldn't hang around at Academy level for that long.

I suppose thats the key when you interview potential coaches for your academy, do you wish to develop players or does your strength lie in strategy and motivation.

Would Rob Edwards at Academy level for ten or more years be of more value than working with the first team, thats the conundrum for me.

He only retired from full time playing 2 years ago. It's a good grounding to coach all levels, and whilst playing, coaching the academy at aged 24 is probably the best thing for him.

He only retired from full time playing 2 years ago. It's a good grounding to coach all levels, and whilst playing, coaching the academy at aged 24 is probably the best thing for him.

I often think that coaches should coach at every level throughout the season. Keeps it fresh and you get a better understanding of each other.

Back