• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ruben Neves

Unless we become a Champions League team in the next couple of years (a possibility and probably where Fosun want the club to be, but probably longer term), then he will have to go for the sake of his career. Lets face it - he's gonna be a world-class player and will need to be playing at a top European club.

I think he will give us a season or two though.

great to hear all that from neves.

bummer he's not in the national squad though.

Portugal must have some midfield to leave him at home.

Dont expect portugal to go far in the WC

Well I'm disappointed he's not going.

He's the best player in the best Wolves side I've ever seen. He's scored the best goal I've ever seen from a Wolves player and swept the board at the end of season awards, and really should have been the player of the year for the division instead of Ryan Sessegnon (18 years old). He's remained 100% professional since the moment he signed, he's shown a true love for the club and is a credit to Wolves.

So I'm gutted that he doesn't get to experience the biggest stage this summer as he's 100% deserved it.

I agree it would have been fantastic for him to go and fantastic for us to watch him play on the biggest stage, had he got some game time.

Im sure he would have loved to have gone. However, selfishly as a Wolves fan he can now have a good rest and be 100% fresh and fit for us in August !!!

Yeah, i wish he had gone. Don't imagine he would have played much, but it would have been a good learning experience and amazing to see a wolves player with a genuine chance of progressing in the world cup.

He's not ideally suited to the footballing shithousery Santos loves, but he should be there ahead of at least Adrien and Joao Mario.

Well I'm disappointed he's not going.

He's the best player in the best Wolves side I've ever seen. He's scored the best goal I've ever seen from a Wolves player and swept the board at the end of season awards, and really should have been the player of the year for the division instead of Ryan Sessegnon (18 years old). He's remained 100% professional since the moment he signed, he's shown a true love for the club and is a credit to Wolves.

So I'm gutted that he doesn't get to experience the biggest stage this summer as he's 100% deserved it.

Couldn’t put it better myself.

When Danilo was injured it was almost a given that Ruben Neves was taking that spot, he was always the option when one of Danilo or William couldn´t make it.
I´m gutted he wasn´t called and IMO going to a WC with only one defensive midfielder is stupid, even more considering William is facing injuries this end of the season.
I´d take him over Adrien that only played half a season.

Disappointing for him but he gets rest this Summer which might help us and him and, if he stays fit, I have the feeling he will be on of their star players in the Euros in 2 years time.

Back