• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Scottish Politics

I've got half a degree of sympathy with her in that she's clearly caveating a lot of this stuff with 'how I would run my life under my faith, not as a policy maker and not a belief to be foisted on others' and that bit's not cutting through. Like in the political world of whipping, collective responsibility, and not to mention bribery and corruption, MPs vote for shit they neither like nor believe in all the time, but doing so with reasons of faith seems nutty.

Don't get me wrong, I personally, and strongly, disagree with her on these points. Tim Fallon was talking about it on LBC the other day, explaining that he has voted for things that go against his faith because of either party line, politics, or just plain old 'just because I believe something shouldn't happen doesn't mean I want to (or will, I guess) make it illegal.

That's aside from the point that I find it very difficult to take relegious people remotely seriously. Like how can you be intelligent and capable of critical thinking if you believe in these fairy tales and teachings from millenia ago
Yeah, that's broadly where I am. Live your life how you like and believe what you like, it's none of my business (equally you don't get to control whether I think you're nuts or not).

But it's extremely bad politics, and at a bad time for the SNP after they've had a decade or more of doing well without actually having to do much. I saw it said the other day that they are first rate campaigners and fifth rate governers, which I reckon is about right. Lose the first bit and you're in trouble.

What I can't understand is why Forbes would think that she stands a chance of winning when any sort of polling should tell her that her views are against those of the majority of her colleagues let alone the electorate.

Hamza Yousaf wins the SNP leadership contest.

Sturgeon's husband arrested over SNP funding investigation

Their house and SNP head quarters raided. Looks like they've used funds that were raised for a referendum campaign for basically day to day running costs

Hmm wonder this has anything to do with the resignation?

Hmm wonder this has anything to do with the resignation?
I was thinking it had more to do with a certain bible bashing, homophobic, anti-abortion weirdo not getting the leadership gig.

That particular shitbag was in the treasury.

SNP Treasurer now arrested, bit of a clusterfuck up there at the moment. Got to feel a bit sorry for Humza (presuming that in Justice/Health he wasn't involved in and didn't know about the shenanighans), it's not exactly making it an easy start for him

SNP Treasurer now arrested, bit of a clusterfuck up there at the moment. Got to feel a bit sorry for Humza (presuming that in Justice/Health he wasn't involved in and didn't know about the shenanighans), it's not exactly making it an easy start for him
What do you do as a Leader though in this kind of scenario ?

It's a Police investigation , so you can't comment really , other than to say that the process must be allowed to take its course etc, etc

It does allow other within the party mind you to say something , creating further divisions if the comments are critical ones .

And look at who voted against the suspension. The Boris fanclub.

Released without charge,according to the BBC

Back