• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Apart from odd excursions, its been my stand of choice since my first ST in 1995 and I know people around me so feel comfortable there but the facilities are shit, the queues horrendous and the concourse is like a cattle market plus its always the last stand to empty - we are usually amongst the last to leave so the congestion has eased then

Not sure how any of you in the SB do it, utterly shameful that they charge extra for such a shit hole.
Nah me neither, I'm sat in corner front row with son and daughter, so pay about 500 more collectively, than those behind the goal. Even though we sit about 10 foot behind the goal :rolleyes:. Been trying to move for 3 years, but can't find anything better with 3 seats together, atleast we have a wall to lean on.

I sit in the Steve Bull because I'm right on the half way line so the view is excellent and I live in hope that once the stand gets sorted I will have pretty much the best seat in the ground, but as there is no signs that it's going to happen any time soon and the facilities are so shit, it's wearing thin.

I sit in the Steve Bull because I'm right on the half way line so the view is excellent and I live in hope that once the stand gets sorted I will have pretty much the best seat in the ground, but as there is no signs that it's going to happen any time soon and the facilities are so shit, it's wearing thin.
Yeah another reason for me - J6, near halfway line and 3 rows from the back. Magnificent view!

Just got local news on and Forest season tickets have been increased.

They've scrapped 18-23 young adult tickets who will pay adult prices. Somebody on Twitter's ticket is going from £150 to £640, a £490 or 326% increase.

Unlike Vinny the coward they've fronted up and spoken to local media instead of a drive by increase like last season but the nauseating language about benchmarking and gaps in pricing followed by some bootlicker from the Supporters Trust saying 'Well ACKSHULLY... its not that bad' is eerily reminiscent.

I hope they go down even more now for the backtrack when they announced these without safety confirmed.

I see some fans on Twitter are supporting another increase again.

Do we think they'll go up again this year? (obviously providing we stay up)

Looking at other clubs (it's what we do to justify anything) yes they will increase by 5-10%.

A great chance for some positive PR, even if its just a price freeze but will be very surprised if we do that.

Yes, I expect them to go up. It's ridiculous when you look at the prices in 2018 when we were playing in the same league, but they'll take the view of people will pay it, so do it.

I've given up arguing with people who believe that's all actually perfectly defensible when it quite obviously isn't, just a waste of energy.

Mine will be over £800 if there is a 10% increase.

Might have to consider moving from the Steve Bull if possible, it will be a shame as I enjoy the view but £800 to sit in there is a joke.

Think of those 4 extra games though. It'll be a real terms decrease

Would think after they brought the prices “in line” with others clubs (well, higher) then they wouldn’t feel the need to increase them again. But an increase will make is I think the only club who has year on year increased prices.

That 5% (or more) will be useful though. Will cover about 6 weeks of Guedes’ wages.

It's a captive market, right up to the point at which it's not, then you've caused yourselves a fucking massive problem that isn't easy to fix.

I mentioned on the Forest build-up thread yesterday that on the balance of probabilities, it is far more likely that we will get relegated from the Premier League over a 10 year span than survive for that entire period. We're halfway through that time span now. I *think* we'll stay up this year but imagine if Dawson or Semedo or Neves got a two month injury now, ruling them out for the rest of the season...we can't replace them properly and we could quite easily go.

If and when we do get relegated I expect our attendances to plummet dramatically. Like at least 20% off the average gate, possibly more.

What are you doing with prices in that situation? What if we go down and we replicate our previous "efforts" after relegation in 2004, or heaven forbid, 2012?

Not much will change while Vinny Icarus is in charge of that side of things, he doesn't know anything about football or customer care.

For all the talk of where we place in terms of prices compared to other clubs, the example the club could actually do with looking at is Albion. In the Prem for 8 years, novelty wore off and the football got worse, attendances began to dip and it was common for a few thousand tickets to go spare even before they got relegated.

Considering some of the managers and football they've been treated to I don't think their attendances are particularly bad, in fact I think our attendances would probably be worse if we went down, but in terms of demographics and finances their fanbase is probably the most similar to our own. Whether we go down or not I think our attendances could easily follow what happened to them, I know a fair few Albion fans who lost interest during that Pulis period, couldn't be bothered to spend loads of money on Premier League prices, and now only attend games now and then.

Agree mostly, though our attendances in the Championship have pretty much always been higher than theirs when they've played at that level, by a decent margin too.

Since 1994 there'll be a pretty small percentage of second tier games where we've had a sub-20k gate at Molineux for a league game. That's always been a fairly regular occurrence for them if they aren't winning the league.

If we went down this season and they didn't do anything absolutely loopy with the prices or appoint some total clown (Lopetegui surely wouldn't stay) I would expect us to average around 24-25k in the Championship. That would then dip further the following year if we'd messed up the inevitable rebuild and clearly weren't going straight back up.

Edit: Just to pick a random example, in 2000/01 we had an awful season where we finished a very flattering 12th and were shit. They finished in the playoffs which was by a distance their best season since the 80s. We averaged 19,258 and they averaged 17,657.

A quiet afternoon so here's our average gates in the Championship:

1994/95: 24,792
1995/96: 22,658
1996/97: 24,763
1997/98: 23,277
1998/99: 22,620
1999/00: 21,470
2000/01: 19,258
2001/02: 23,796
2002/03: 25,745
2004/05: 26,620
2005/06: 23,624
2006/07: 20,968
2007/08: 23,496
2008/09: 24,153
2012/13: 21,662
2014/15: 22,419
2015/16: 20,157
2016/17: 21,570
2017/18: 28,298

If and when we do get relegated I expect our attendances to plummet dramatically. Like at least 20% off the average gate, possibly more.

Spot on really. Average attendances in the Championship

04/05 - 26,620
05/06 - 23624
06/07 - 20968
07/08 - 23496
08/09 - 24193
12/13 - 21662
14/15 - 22419
15/16 - 20157
16/17 - 21570

Gives you an average of 22k

People expected us to go back up and melted away after 2005, there was a bump and renewed optimism after Mick's first season but could easily lose 10-12k off the gate.

One of the biggest differences will be 300 rather than 3000 away fans for a midweek home game. Probably the same on Saturdays for some clubs too. That’s nearly 10% straight away.

Spot on really. Average attendances in the Championship

04/05 - 26,620
05/06 - 23624
06/07 - 20968
07/08 - 23496
08/09 - 24193
12/13 - 21662
14/15 - 22419
15/16 - 20157
16/17 - 21570

Gives you an average of 22k

People expected us to go back up and melted away after 2005, there was a bump and renewed optimism after Mick's first season but could easily lose 10-12k off the gate.
I never quite get the mindset of "I only want to watch Wolves if they're any good", but each to their own. It clearly has an impact.

I've said it in previous years and I'll say it again - once people get out of the habit of going every week then invariably they stop going very much at all. Anecdotally I've seen it with plenty of folk I'm on nodding terms with, closer to home my Dad gave up his season ticket in 2011, I very much doubt he's been to more than 20 home games since.

And who replaces these lost fans...it isn't by and large young lads, you can see that from the demographic in the ground, they can't afford it and/or have never really grown up going to games on their own. I would have expected by now in the North Bank at the near age of 42 that yep, it's caught up with me, I am now no longer one of the youngest people within a clear line of sight. Nope. Still all mostly obviously older.

Back