• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Obviously I gave up my season ticket this season. And I guess this side of winning a monster a lottery payout I won’t have one ever again as the flights might be a little pricey!

I miss the company, I miss the match day experience. Do I miss the football itself? I guess I do but I can see every match here now so the real bind is dragging my carcass out of bed at supremely anti social hours. Even raising whether I miss watching Wolves play in the flesh is a further stain on Lage for the turgid wankfest he served up.

Spurs crossed off Vinny's comparison list then

Fulham def on Vinny's comparison list.
"Fans have hit out at Fulham’s increase of already expensive season ticket prices for the 2023/24 season, announced earlier this week.
The Premier League outfit announced an 18% ticket price increase on adult season tickets renewals and introduced a £3,000 for next season.
For the 2022/23 campaign, the most expensive renewal price for an adult Hammersmith End season tickets was £550. However, it is now £650 which is an increase of 16%. It is 22% higher than last season for new buyers.
Adult renewal prices for Hammersmith and Putney End season tickets holders increased by 18%, while those who want to renew their Johnny Haynes Stand season tickets will see a 16% increase in cost."

I can't read that link unless I register, which I'm not.

Just went to the normal website through Google and read it there. Ah yes the old "everyone else is doing it!" argument. Along with the nonsense fallacy that the club needs the extra revenue to compete at the top of the league.

Amazing how many of their fans repeat the line that if we are going to compete towards the top of the league that the increase is justified. Also seen one or two comments stating that there will be a big budget for transfer spending in the summer due to the increase.

30000 season tickets holders with a £100 each increase is £3m - It won't even pay for Coutinho's wages for 6 months.

Amazing how many of their fans repeat the line that if we are going to compete towards the top of the league that the increase is justified. Also seen one or two comments stating that there will be a big budget for transfer spending in the summer due to the increase.

30000 season tickets holders with a £100 each increase is £3m - It won't even pay for Coutinho's wages for 6 months.
We've seen Wolves fans do the same. It's the 'true fans only say positive things about the club' brigade. They'd sacrifice their first born if it meant the club followed them on Twitter

I was chatting to a villa fan this morning, it seems the club also told current season ticket holders how big the season ticket waiting list as 'motivation' to renew. He said it's put a real dampener on this seasons success because it feels like the fans are being fleeced. He gets that the price increases are frankly immaterial when it comes to the finances of the club.

Price fans out of the market. Wonder why atmosphere dies. Rinse. Repeat.

I was chatting to a villa fan this morning, it seems the club also told current season ticket holders how big the season ticket waiting list as 'motivation' to renew. He said it's put a real dampener on this seasons success because it feels like the fans are being fleeced. He gets that the price increases are frankly immaterial when it comes to the finances of the club.
Sounds familiar…

he was even telling me how some of the facilitates in one of the stands are not fit for purpose but the club are still charging top dollar!
It had been a while since I'd been to Villa but I went to the League Cup game with Kenny in 2019. The North Stand is worse than the Steve Bull.

Atrocious pricing. This might be for L1 football!

st-price-grid.jpg

Doug Ellis Stand is terrible as well.
Yep, classic improvement rather than rebuild. Villa Park looks great on tele, the facilities are poor in the Witton Lane and North Stand, although I've not been in the new Holte or Trinity Road

Back