• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (A) 4/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Absolutely have to be targeting a win here. Literally the worst 10 game start of any Premier League team ever, manager possibly getting sacked, leaking goals everywhere.

It's a change in shape for me - I recognise that some won't want to move away from three at the back but I don't think we need it for this one and we need as many attacking players on the pitch as possible to mitigate the loss of Neto.

----------------------------Sa-----------------------------

Semedo------------Dawson---------Kilman-------Ait-Nouri

------------Doyle-------Lemina-----Bellegarde------------

------------------------Cunha------------------------------

-----------------Hwang-------Kalajdzic---------------------

2021/22: W 3-0 (H, FAC)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2017/18: W 3-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2013/14: W 2-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/09: D 1-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2007/08: D 0-0 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2005/06: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/05: W 4-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2002/03: L 1-3 (H), D 3-3 (A), W 3-0 (N, P/O)
2001/02: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/01: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1999/00: W 1-0 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1998/99: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/98: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/97: L 1-2 (H), W 3-2 (A)
1995/96: W 1-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1994/95: D 2-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)

It's a bumper quiz this week so good luck with that one but getting 90%+ is tough.

Last edited:
Where is then Covid game at Brammall Lane where (i wont give away the scorers) we scored in the 3rd and 6th minute...?

4-2-3-1 for me.

.............................Sa

Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - RAN

..................Lemina - Gomes

............Cunha - Doyle - Bellegarde

..........................Hwang

Not sure Doyle is suited to that more attacking role Bear? Is he more a deep lying playmaker? Although I'm only going on what I've seen for Wolves.

I don’t mind this 4/5 hybrid we are playing. I feel having the progression of Doyle in there instead of Traore should help. Chuck Bellegarde in too for Neto and we should still have enough attacking threat even if the system is tweaked slightly.

Assuming Bueno Jr isnt fit and Bellegarde is

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Toti
Lemina Gomes
Bellegarde Cunha RAN
 Hwang

Pretty sure McAtee played more advanced than Doyle for Sheff Utd last season
He did but Doyle still got forwards for them plenty.

In that role for us he'd drop deeper out of possession but be allowed to get forwards in attacks. He wouldn't be a traditional No.10 or anything, just be furthest forwards out of the main central three CMs. You can call it a 4-3-3 if you like rather than 4-2-3-1.

He did but Doyle still got forwards for them plenty.

In that role for us he'd drop deeper out of possession but be allowed to get forwards in attacks. He wouldn't be a traditional No.10 or anything, just be furthest forwards out of the main central three CMs. You can call it a 4-3-3 if you like rather than 4-2-3-1.
His key skill is his vision and passing, picking passes of those running ahead of him. I'm not sure putting him further up the pitch helps with that, I just think he'd be a bit of passenger in that role. But I've seen very little of him.

Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti

Sarabia Lemina Doyle Aït-Nouri

Cunha Hwang

Hopefully we won't be playing as much on the break in this game so I'd like to see Sarabia given a shot. We're going to lose some creativity and quality on the ball with Neto out but a simple swap for Sarabia should negate that impact and keep the shape which has proven most successful under 2 managers now.

Doyle in for Bouba as he deserves a chance from the start following a few really positive sub appearances and you could see him turning it on against his old club.

His key skill is his vision and passing, picking passes of those running ahead of him. I'm not sure putting him further up the pitch helps with that, I just think he'd be a bit of passenger in that role. But I've seen very little of him.
When I watched his YouTube video of his season with Sheff Utd he was often up around the box. I suppose it's easier when you're the dominating team, but he got 3 goals and 4 assists that season and the majority of them were from him being inside the box.

As I said, call it a 4-3-3 with him having license to get forwards.

3 goals isn't many is it.

David Jones got 4 for us in 2008/09 and you wouldn't play him there.

...............................Sa
Semedo.....Kilmam....Dawson......RAN
..............Gomes..........Lemina
.....Bellegarde....Cunha ......Hwang
.............................Sasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back