• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed 0-2 Wolves: The Verdict

Surprised on your comments regarding Vinagre, Slink. I thought Vinagre was pretty poor for most of the game, he got better in the later stages but if he played like that in the prem he would get hammered.

However his back heel towards the end of the game was superb!

Where’s that Huddersfield bellend to take the own goal of the century award?

Surprised on your comments regarding Vinagre, Slink. I thought Vinagre was pretty poor for most of the game, he got better in the later stages but if he played like that in the prem he would get hammered.

However his back heel towards the end of the game was superb!

I thought he was excellent from start to finish. Countless interceptions in the first half trying to get us on the front foot and he was basically playing down the left on his own as MGW was roaming everywhere. Couple of moments where he could have made better decisions but never in any bother and defended well when he had to. What did you think was poor?

Sounded like a simple easy win causing us little trouble (that has not always been the case in this competition when playing lower league opponents in the early round(s) )

Good to see a fair sprinkling of the younger lads getting opportunities none of whom seemed to let themselves down.

I thought he was excellent from start to finish. Countless interceptions in the first half trying to get us on the front foot and he was basically playing down the left on his own as MGW was roaming everywhere. Couple of moments where he could have made better decisions but never in any bother and defended well when he had to. What did you think was poor?
Thought he was getting caught under diagonal balls and his first touch looked really poor, especially in the first half.

He did have no support from MGW though, who was everywhere but helping Vinagre out!

First half a real non event, we passed the ball around the back with little going forward and no tempo.

Second half we pressed higher and Traore came alive. He'll frustrate at times but he's exciting and made things happen. Great run for Bonatini, and a goo d finish from him.

The youngsters all impressed, and MGW could've had a hat trick tonight.

And there was a fantastic piece of skill from Vinagre to put Costa in late on. Not sure how he did it, but it looked great.

Good nights work.

Interesting wolves TV interview with Nuno in regards to what he said about Bonatini, not just about goals but knows his role and what he needs to do for the team. Few people said Leo gets unnecessarily harsh criticism at times. Our fans need to learn than while Nuno is our manager we will mostly not field a 9 or out and out goal scorer.

Echo Slink's comments. Was a enjoyable night.

Not sure where to put this but where are the highlights v city, anyone found any?

Another question, does this mean dendoncker is a defender rather than a midfielder?

he was originally a midfielder but has been playing at cb recently

I think he's a bit wasted at cb, but as pointed out he's not going to replace neves/moutinho. I'd rather see him in for one of them rather than saiss, but I'm not sure about bouncing players between positions.

I think it’s pretty clear he’s going to be playing centre back - he played there for Belgium, and starting there last night should stop people wondering

Found highlights on Hindi band TV from India or somewhere, Patricio was excellent, the defense were pretty good although I thought if Boly had attacked the ball a bit more , Lapaorte's goal would not have been. But unless the highlights I saw were in fast forward, that was a speedsters game and more!
We're back, no question.

Thanks guys for all your help I found it a few times by default, including the extended skybhighlights by a seruptitious means, and yes the Hindi channel had it in fast forward, but not by a lot. Brilliant performance. Again thanks all!

he was originally a midfielder but has been playing at cb recently

I think he's a bit wasted at cb, but as pointed out he's not going to replace neves/moutinho. I'd rather see him in for one of them rather than saiss, but I'm not sure about bouncing players between positions.

I wouldn't think he's wasted there at all. We need ball players in all positions, especially with a two man midfield we will need defenders to push up at times to maintain pressure.

Back