• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (H); The "Thank god it's nearly over" build up thread

darlowolf64

Supply Teacher & 2020/21 PTG Intertoto Cup winner
Reaction score
So we move on to the final game of a pretty uninspiring season and a chance to party and celebrate all that Wolves have achieved.
What will the team be? Does anyone really care?
I reckon Kenny will go with

Ikeme; Doherty, Iorfa, Batth, Deslandes; Coady, Edwards, Wallace, Mason, Saville, with Henry in a "false nine" just to rub in the fact that this seasons rubbish was nothing to do with him. He didn't have the players to do any better...Honest.

On the bright side, I'm staying over on Friday night and out for a few beers with Parkin, Deutsch, WolfiePhil and possibly Machin. If anyone else fancies drowning their footballing sorrows, I mean meeting up for a beer just let me know.

Shame they can't fire up the video walls and stick the Middlesbrough vs Brighton game on.

So we move on to the final game of a pretty uninspiring season and a chance to party and celebrate all that Wolves have achieved.

Oh right then Mick. I'll put the order in,
That'll be 1 small can of 7up, 1 cheese sandwich and 2 of those picnic sausages on sticks.
Will there be more than 10 coming?

Will we be wearing The Money Shop on Saturday ?

Pleas remember folks - Keep off the pitch at the end of the game....

It's all over on Saturday :Cheerleader: I'm not sure I've enjoyed five games this season. Terrible stuff.

I expect it to be the same team as vs Forest, Ken has no inclination to play the kids and I'd rather him not play them at all than stick them out of position like he did with Bright against Rotherham.

Fuck this season.

2015/16: L 1-4 (A)
2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: W 1-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2008/9: W 4-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2007/8: W 2-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2006/7: D 2-2 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2005/6: L 1-3 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2002/3: D 2-2 (H), W 4-0 (A)
2001/2: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1999/0: D 1-1 (A, FAC), D 0-0 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
1994/5: D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 1-1 (H, FAC, won on pens)

I'd love to see the likes of Ronan, Hunte and Bright get a proper run out but seems unlikely. Does make me think, the way Jackett has acted seems like a man who knows he is getting sacked and just wanted to make results look semi respectable before he left rather than potentially getting battered playing the kids. Maybe I'm being hopeful there...

I actually think we will win. Wednesday will most likely play their reserves and have their minds on the play offs.

I'd hoped my friend forgot he still had my season ticket, but he bought it back.

My last one as a season ticket holder so mixed and blessed feelings. I really couldn't care less who he picks and what he does because I want change. Sheff Wed, for all their investment have got in the mix. Four out of the six sets of fans (for all their investment) are going to feel very deflated but it's just not the same if we aren't in there. We should be. This season has been quite possibly building up since SJH left and the septic boil needs lancing. The players don't look hurt, they are in their comfort zone .... they'll shuffle off and not really give a damn.

Question for the ST's and those going... will you stick around for POTY and the walk round at the end? Cant imagine many staying but I was also surprised by the reception they got at the end on Saturday.

Its obvious we're going to end up in a cycle of 'they haven't got any experience, but I wont play them so they gain experience' with Jackett so don't expect any changes. Maybe Hause in and Iorfa out after Jackett singled Dom out on Saturday.

I normally do stick around (in fact can't think of a time I haven't) but sorely tempted this time to fuck off. What am I supposed to be applauding if I do stay? The worst home season at this level since I was 3? Yeah, thanks lads.

Coming up from the south coast. Arriving 2ish and also staying on Friday night. Haven't done a Friday night in Wolves since the early 80's but I'm going to enjoy my visit. If you see a man with a walking aid(crutch) struggling around the pubs say "hello!"

I have no idea why I bought tickets for this, save it being the final game of the season. It has the same foreboding as attending a funeral.

Too much to ask that the Board will realise after the game that this simply cannot go on like this?

I hope the comment that Jackett has been using the tactics that he has been as he knows his time is up was accurate.

Nothing else explains the nonsense we have had to put up with this season.

Coming up for the weekend & staying Friday & Saturday (mainly cos I forgot it was an early kickoff & got the date wrong so cocked up the booking)

Hopefully other company & entertainment is exemplary as don't expect much from the match really don't expect Kenny to change things for the last game - it would be somewhat irrelevant now given what we have had for the rest of the season. So a turgid 90 mins awaits.

Can't see me wanting to hang around for a walk round of the team (that's assuming that they can face us)

I'm not overly fussed about stopping for the 'lap of appreciation', mainly as I don't overly appreciate the negative tactics employed this season and I don't appreciate the lack of a first touch in several first team players and I don't appreciate the lack of goals!

I'd stay for the lap of appreciation if I were going. Just so I could say I've seen a Wolves player in the opposition's half of the pitch.

I'd stay for the lap of appreciation if I were going. Just so I could say I've seen a Wolves player in the opposition's half of the pitch.

That's unfair; Afobe spent a lot of time on his own in the oppositions half, probably why we sold him - he wasn't playing the right tactics!

Very good!

Back