• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 15/01/2022 3pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we sign a centre back please? Jeez.

Really wasn’t expecting Gomes!

Just noticed that Marcal isn’t on the bench. Injured again?

If so, Bruno literally had no other options today. He has to play Donk in midfield because Neves has covid. If Marcal is injured, he literally had to play Gomes. Or Sanderson but that would mean we can’t loan him anywhere other than back to Blues. I still think Bruno is trying to get by without using Giles or Sanderson to give us more loan options for them.

He could have played a back four I guess. But huge challenge for Toti (he’s strong and likes to step in with the ball from what I’ve seen). Wonder what Sanderson thinks!

no neves is a blow for sure.

Is Gomes up to it, what level has he played at, surely Sanderson would be a safer option?
Gunna be tough without both Saiss and Neves

Suppose it's possible Bruno just thinks Gomes is the better player?

I wouldn't know, have barely seen either play.

Wonder if we applied to get the game called off given the behaviour of other clubs?

Surprised about Gomes, but he must have looked better in training than Sanderson, who I'd have been happy to see starting - so no complaints

A few people raving about him so hopefully he can be the new Frank Munro

Probably why Bruno was screaming 4-4-2 at them in training. Contingency if Toto looks out of his depth.

Showing my age, but I thought first of the old poster from here, then of the club legend.
It was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, but I couldn't think of a legendary Wolves CB since big Frank, obviously we have had some decent ones but none that had the same impact and longevity imo

Just noticed that Marcal isn’t on the bench. Injured again?

If so, Bruno literally had no other options today. He has to play Donk in midfield because Neves has covid. If Marcal is injured, he literally had to play Gomes. Or Sanderson but that would mean we can’t loan him anywhere other than back to Blues. I still think Bruno is trying to get by without using Giles or Sanderson to give us more loan options for them.
Jordao in MF and Donck at the back would've been an alternative, but both unknown quantities of sorts. Optimistic for today regardless, although don't see the point of recalling Sanderson and Giles if we have that little intent on playing them.

I guess if nothing else it's a month to have a look at the three of them in training. He'll know from that if anybody is ready

Probably why Bruno was screaming 4-4-2 at them in training. Contingency if Toto looks out of his depth.
I haven’t watched the footage but isn’t that what Southampton usually play

Podence definitely goes the extra mile to sell his flops. 😂

Good start from Toti, too.

Jesus, Sa's kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back