• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stats and Analysis Thread

Ultimately, we're trying to create chances, weve done that to date by hitting teams on the counter attack.

Having possession can still be difficult to create chances against an organised team. That's why I think teams press high, it's to create further opportunities and pressure on a team, plus if you're attacking you've already got lots of players in the right place to execute the press.

Having very good and quick CBs I think is crucial to making it work though

I did wonder if we might keep him around due to our lack of depth in wide areas, but then if Nuno doesn't see him as good enough would be pointless anyway. Should have a decent career.

I do like Gilo. It's probably him or RAN though, not both.

Or it’s him and £20m or RAN..

Can't see him playing left back in a back four tbf. He looked pretty good at wing-back in that pre-season when Douglas was injured/leaving and Jonny hadn't joined yet. Coventry fans didn't seem to think he was greta defensively. As a full back/wing-back don't think he's anywhere near Rayan mind.

It is though if you accept its limited meaning. Beating your man and bringing the ball into a more attacking position is a successful dribble.

Doing something with it at the end is a different stat.

Wow, just saw this thread..guess I don't have to mention us pressing more and higher up the pitch again...crazy stats

Yep just shows the drop off in our defending AND attacking. But also shows we were pretty good last season!

Didn't even notice Villa on there at first, they've improved so much they're almost out of shot!

Weaker in both areas yet it has only yield a 4pt drop off from where we were this time last season.

We slightly under performed with our points total last season, whereas right now we are very slightly over-performing I think!

Newcastle having a positive xG per 90 seems unlikely.

Have I read it wrong?

Edit. Newcastle being on the "good" side of both of the lines seems unlikely to me to

Edit 2. Is it this season vrs last season?

Yes. They were horrific last season and still very bad this season
Thanks, I'll take the positive view that if we can drop off so much and be 4 points worse off then we aren't doing too bad.

I wish there was an xL stat around how much expected luck teams get

Back