• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stevie Morgan

Or he could look for a dodgy Thai billionaire or some Indian chicken sellers? Or possibly some Israeli-Russians?

Here's a question for you, If Jeremy Peace was in charge at the Wolves would he gain promotion?

Or he could look for a dodgy Thai billionaire or some Indian chicken sellers? Or possibly some Israeli-Russians?

Or a fan based consortium, Swiss billionaire, American venture capitalists, TV chef or Online betting owner?

Not every rich owner is bad y'know. Not even ours.

Or a fan based consortium, Swiss billionaire, American venture capitalists, TV chef or Online betting owner?

Not every rich owner is bad y'know. Not even ours.

Only a fan based consortium interests me there.

I absolutely think a club should be self sufficient, as should any business. If it means it takes us a few years to get to the prem so be it.

I absolutely think a club should be self sufficient, as should any business. If it means it takes us a few years to get to the prem so be it.

Love that a fan based consortium.

Fan based consortium?, I'm trousering a few Euros at the moment, I'm in!

Time for bed I think.

What mystifies me is that we are one of the top 6 supported sides in the championship and therefore our rev enue should make us one of the top 6 spenders should it not? Is that too logical? However we are not and have not for several years been spending that type of money and when we did we spent it on the following with the following track records

Doyle- just been relegated at Reading
Johnson- Just been relegated at Birmingham
O Hara just been relegated at Portsmouth
Fletcher- just been relegated at Burnley

Thats 25 million quid we spent granted but I would sooner have had 2 x 12 million superstars who had not been taking their previous employers down. Hindsight being a great gift to me here!

I hate all the money in football and thinks its absurd and obscene how bang average players can make a million a season but that is reality. In my opinion the owner and the CEO need to look at that too. I dont want any more Bhatti brothers thanks but I do want to compete and not just get by in the championship and the current ethos will never, ever, ever get us promoted barring a miracle when competing with teams who look at ffp and balancing books and say feck that who cares?

Lets look at the facts though. Promotion is worth 140 million and we spent about 3 million this window. If we had spent 20 million and won the league would Mr Morgan have complained? Would we have complained? I think not. The premiership promised land gravy train is worth a punt for an investor and that is why the lack of spend on proven quality at a time when we were so close really does seem like a huge opportunity missed. We were 2 or 3 quality players away from winning this league and winning it well. We are now 4 or 5 short and other clubs are looking at the quality that we do have left. They have the money they will turn their heads. Its human nature.

You've ignored wages in your calculations. They were the big drain on the club - not only the players we brought in, but also those existing players we gave big PL contracts too.

How much would you pay your 2 £12m signings and what affect would this have had on the wages of the rest of the squad?

And dont forget that any player that is good enough to not represent a gamble will either a) cost a fucktonne of money and b) will probably prefer to go to a premier league team, even if its a lower half one.

Getting out of this league requires eitehr spending loads with no guarantee or somehow unearthing some hidden gems - the signing of which will just make the fans go 'WHO? WHERES THE MONEY, MOXLEY?'

Here's a question for you, If Jeremy Peace was in charge at the Wolves would he gain promotion?

Well tbf he has been in charge of Albion for a long time and they are in the prem and have been for a long time now

You've ignored wages in your calculations. They were the big drain on the club - not only the players we brought in, but also those existing players we gave big PL contracts too.

I know and that is my point. We gave big contracts to players who took their previous employers down. Rather than that , as I said with a bucket of hindsight, I would now prefer to buy 2 x 12 million and spend 100k a week on them if they are prem quality. We are one of the top 6 clubs in the championship with regard to income but not on expenditure current figures show. I hate it as much as many of you but reality is that to succeed and stay in the premier league you need to be bankrolled and pay the wages. We are not and we dont.
The disappointment I had was we were so close and we could have armed Kenny with a squad that had more quality and depth. If that meant paying more then introduce some really good bonus incentives for goals or clean sheets or final positions that really encourage the players motivated by money to perform. I know KMAC seems half the player he was last year or the year before and its over a few 1000 quid that Fulham could and would have given him and that we wont. That means we wont attract or keep our best players. At best that is a Burnley strategy and not one that will give us long term premiership football which is all of our hopes

Back