• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Agreed, and so is Mosquera and signing up Ait-Nouri. The problem is the manager has specifically asked for 3-4 top players, not squad players (his words). It hasn't happened, and it has continued to not happen for a few transfer windows now. We have a threadbare squad, and any injury to particularly midfield and we will really struggle...

Does seem strange.

Given this has been the easiest window since FFP was introduced to do business.

Well, I don't know it any more than I know that Bruno Lage picks the team, or Matt Perry signs the prescriptions, but he's at the top of the tree*. If we want to substitute the word 'Shi' for whatever Fosun executive takes our fancy, that's a semantic exercise I can't be arsed with. But at the end of the day some cunt/combination of cunts is performing utterly terribly.

*nominally? Supposedly?
I suppose nominally. But we know he doesn't really call the shots.

On the last bit, yes, for sure. As I've been saying ever since Nuno was sacked, but apparently that was all fine while we were losing games, increasing ticket prices, abandoning loyalty, signing a stupid kit deal, but not when we don't sign players.

We have rank amateurs at that level, it's very poor.

Expect Saiss to be used in midfield as Boly and Masquera come back from injury Coady was once a midfielder so there you go.

I'm going to have to turn my phone off and watch a bit of Netflix, see where we are tomorrow morning. Getting too angry keeping up to date with this shambles.

I’m mister positive. But you just took my money that you sat on for a year and a bit. Told me my ticket hadn’t gone up much, which was a lie, while expecting me not to notice that in nine months it looks like a 20% rise if I am lucky, and then this is the window you deliver?

Shameful.

The day Jeff sat in a room giving the impression he was the smartest one in it talking about generational talents is the day he stopped separating himself and the business side of football from the football part. If today goes the way it's looking he and his cabal of yes men deserve every ounce of shit coming their way.
That's the kind of answer I was looking for to what was a genuine question i.e. what is it this man has said or done that has turned him into a pariah? I just didn't get it and don't know enough about him as a person to have such strong feelings about him.

Mocking up photos of him on Twitter etc just seemed odd to me. If he's made himself the anointed one for transfers then, yes, he deserves criticism. I just wanted to know why everything was aimed at him in such a personal way.

As said puts the fans well and truly in Lage court and poor results if they continue will be directed towards the board not the coaching staff even if it is coaching incompetence.
On a lesser level similar to that of Mike Ashley at Newcastle.

Look no one is daft enough to believe it’s just a case of agree fee-agree terms-medical-sign.
But unfortunately the board will judge Bruno on results regardless of whether he did everything he could with the players he has.

Back