• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

The championship is vile league and I was hoping to spend at least enough out of it to forget how bad it is. Current transfer policy is just utter stupidity, if you’re going to try and be clever or frugal at least employ people who are competent at what they’re doing. Said this so many times to many people employed at the top of the club who’s job isn’t related to actual football.
I don’t want us to go down no way but it would be nice to see the arrogant smugness wiped of the faces of the hierarchy of the club when they know they’ve got to explain a severe drop in income to their bosses.

I don`t think we`ll go down if we manage to keep Neves and Moutinho, but it will be a relegation battle though which will see both of them saying ta ra this time next year. An even bigger recruitment problem then.

Sounds like the de jong transfer to utd is moving forwards, might give Barca some money to go for Neves.

Worst case is this all drags out and finishes too late for us to adequately spend the money....

If he plays in a PL game for us then it'll cost me £50.

Flip it on it's head and it's us signing a 24 year old from Scotland for £500k, except this one doesn't have lovely hair and a rape allegation. The thinking however is equally as small time

I mean more as the 5th choice midfielder if we do what we should be doing anyway.

the 500k is nothing really to then allow Cundle to go out on loan.

Sounds like the de jong transfer to utd is moving forwards, might give Barca some money to go for Neves.

Worst case is this all drags out and finishes too late for us to adequately spend the money....
it's becoming a bit of a nightmare. probably our most important window since getting to the Prem. we'd probably have to throw late money away just to make up numbers

I mean more as the 5th choice midfielder if we do what we should be doing anyway.

the 500k is nothing really to then allow Cundle to go out on loan.
Covered by the season ticket increase...

I don't think having a year in a Premier League squad is necessarily 'shafting' him but I do take your point about him getting on with his career.

But you can argue MGW deserved to be playing for us regularly. Especially as he had performed well in pre-season.

I mean, Trincao played 1500 and if he had a heart he would have played a lot more too. We'd have learned more playing Morgan as we clearly aren't signing Trincao.

I was referring to the season before when we pulled him back from Swansea to sit on the bench

Well yeah again that was stupid as it wasn't best for his development (and again easily arguable that with so little to play for from about February onwards he should have played far more).

We’re being linked to Flynn Downes from Swansea for about £10m.

Must say, I’ve never heard of him.

Bolla has had his loan to Grasshoppers extended for another year.

Is this one a case he would still struggle to get a work permit for us?

Must be signing a wing-back then

Back